2005 Aflac All-American Classic - Aberdeen
Devin Shepherd earned Most Valuable Player honors at the third annual Aflac All-American Baseball Classic, as he led the West team to an 8-4 win in front of a crowd of more than 4,000 at Ripken Stadium. Shepherd filled the stat sheet going 2 for 3, with two singles, two walks, one RBI and he scored twice.
However, it was Nathan Bridges who started the scoring for the West. His two-run double, down the left field line, in the top of the second drove in Shepherd and Jeff Rapoport after they hit consecutive singles. Brett Anderson was the winning pitcher, but the West team had many strong throwers including Jordan Walden and Kyle Drabek.
The East team got on the board in the bottom of the fourth inning when Chris Marrero doubled home Billy Rowell and Andrew Clark. Several East pitchers starred on the mound, including Dellin Betances who pitched a scoreless second inning. Cory Rasmus and Chris Walden also pitched scoreless innings and tallied two strikeouts each.
• MVP Award: Devin Shepherd
• Jackie Robinson Award: Cody Johnson
• Home Run Derby Champion: Robby Alcombrack
• Hits: Nathan Bridges, Grant Green, Ryan Jackson, Jeff Rapoport, Billy Rowell, Devin Shepherd (2)
• Runs: Billy Rowell, Devin Shepherd (2)
• Runs Batted In: Nathan Bridges, Chris Marrero (2)
• Strikeouts: Kyle Drabek, Mat Latos (4 in 2 innings)
Perfect Game event profile