February 09, 2013 - February 10, 2013
Perfect Game Indoor Facility
Other location(s) ▼
The Pitcher/Catcher Indoor Showcase is held every year in the first part of February at the Perfect Game Headquarters in Cedar Rapids, IA and is one of the oldest and most established Perfect Game sponsored events. Many top prospects from the Midwest and the rest of the country are in attendance each year, along with a strong contingent of scouts and college coaches. Top players who have attended the Indoor Showcase include Chad Billingsley, Jeff Clement, Ryan Sweeney, Jacob Turner, Brad Hand and Jeremy Hellickson.
The Perfect Game website serves as a great exposure tool for players in the college recruiting process. After we review the showcase notes, a full scouting report will be posted online at www.PerfectGame.org, along with a Perfect Game grade in the player’s profile. This information will be available to coaches, professional scouts, and parents at no cost.
Perfect Game is an organization that defined an industry and remains baseball’s most respected scouting report service. Perfect Game provides showcases, tournaments, online video, national rankings, player profiles, scouting reports and college and professional opportunities to the nation’s top prospects and their families. Where talent goes, professional scouts and top college recruiters are sure to follow, and Perfect Game can offer the best in baseball increased exposure, insight and professionalism to propel them through their baseball careers.
• Reports to all 30 Major League scouting departments
• Reports to over 1,500 college baseball programs
• Ranks players nationally, by state, and by position
• Runs the most organized events nationwide
• Works with Skillshow, which films all players during showcase workouts and all pitchers during games for BaseballWebTV.com
• Requires players to use wooden bats only (except for BCS tournaments)
• Has selected every Perfect Game All-American (Formerly Aflac All-American)
Showcase participants will receive:
• A comprehensive scouting evaluation by Perfect Game, which will be posted online at www.PerfectGame.org
• An opportunity to compete with and against the nation’s top high school and amateur prospects
• Exposure to over 1,500 colleges and scouts from all 30 Major League teams
• A player profile on www.PerfectGame.org
• A jersey and a New Era 59FIFTY fitted cap
• Video clips posted on player profile
Roy Clark: "Jerry (Ford) and his staff do an outstanding job. We feel that they put on, and it’s not even close, the best showcases and tournaments of anybody. They’re so well organized. Jerry has tremendous knowledge of scouting. They have a lot of former professional and college baseball people in their organization.
"Since they put on the best showcases and tournaments, naturally they’re going to get the best players. We are pretty much a high-school oriented organization, so where the best players go, we will be there. We have sometimes up to 10 or 11 scouts covering Perfect Game events. It gives athletes the chance to compete at the highest level of their age group, in a team or showcase format, in some of the best facilities in front of both colleges and scouts. "They’re (Perfect Game) the best, and the top colleges and the highest level scouts know it."
Click here for the full interview transcript
Perfect Game set a new record for the tenth consecutive year following the 2011 MLB draft. Of the 1,530 players selected, 1,323 had attended a Perfect Game event, and 294 of the first 331 picks were Perfect Game alumni. Many of these alumni had participated in multiple Perfect Game tournaments, showcases and/or leagues.
In the past ten years, 9,073 Perfect Game participants have been chosen in the MLB First-Year Player Draft. However, these figures do not account for the many Latin American free agents who participate in Perfect Game showcases and tournaments and then sign with Major League clubs. One can only imagine how many Perfect Game alumni will ultimately reach their dream of playing Major League Baseball down the road.
Perfect Game does not take any credit for the numerous outstanding players selected in the draft or the many more who go on to play college baseball. Perfect Game simply provides talented players a means to be identified and evaluated closely while competing with and against the best worldwide. Perfect Game identifies players, provides an opinion, and then lets Major League scouts and college coaches form their own.
MLB scouts and college coaches make the most important decisions, and luckily, they follow what we do very closely - not only in person, but online as well.
Draft fast facts
• 52 of first 60 players drafted had attended a Perfect Game event
• 85 percent of all players drafted in 2011 were Perfect Game alumni
• 294 of the 331 players picked in the first 10 rounds had participated in either a PG showcase or tournament
By the numbers
Number of PG alumni taken in draft each year
• What do you evaluate at a Perfect Game Showcase?
• What is the difference between Top Prospect showcases and Underclass showcases?
• How many college coaches and MLB scouts typically attend a showcase?
• Why are Perfect Game Showcases better than others?
• I have been to Perfect Game tournaments. Why should I attend PG showcases?
• How is a typical showcase run?