Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PAC 12 Guys

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/14/2013 10:48:11 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I couldnt figure out why you guys play out-of-conference games in the middle of the PAC-12 season, and while looking at the PAC-12 rankings today I realized that Colorado doesnt have a baseball team. I had no idea they didnt lol. Are they planning on getting one since they have moved to the PAC-12. I read somewhere saying that it has been 30 years simce they have had a college baseball team. Just curious.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/14/2013 11:50:16 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I kinda hope they don't, I don't think any of the PAC12 teams want the RPI hit. Colorado's athletic department is the bottom dweller in the PAC12, aside from very very mild success in basketball they've really brought nothing to the table aside from their television market.
+1 permalink
4/14/2013 12:50:27 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I second Opihi. Since that national championship in football, what...15 years ago? Colorado has been an embarrassment athletically. If they do reinstate baseball, as a baseball fan, I would be good with it. But it'll take them years to become relevant, if ever. Especially with their "money sports" in such a sorry state. Whether other Pac-12 teams would take a big RPI hit is not automatic, however, because everyone's win percentage would go up. We would become more like the ACC with elite teams at the top and teams like Boston College, Wake Forest, and Duke at the bottom. Hasn't adversely affected UNC or Florida State.
0 permalink
4/14/2013 2:17:14 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
The irony is that it is us Oregon State fans badmouthing their Athletics for their football and basketball... lol. They'll right their ship eventually. If we did it, anybody can! (well... we did halfway anyways. Another hoops coach, and maybe we'll get it done all the way.)
0 permalink
4/14/2013 2:40:05 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I think you guys have a solid football team pretty much every year with a hiccup here and there southernbeaver.

--
0 permalink
4/14/2013 2:53:41 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I cant figure out why USC never has a good ball team. You would think they would have their pick at some of that great west coast talent, but its always the top dogs of the PAC-12 and teams like Fullerton and Irvine that get the best talent.

--
0 permalink
4/14/2013 8:32:52 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
I cant figure out why USC never has a good ball team. You would think they would have their pick at some of that great west coast talent, but its always the top dogs of the PAC-12 and teams like Fullerton and Irvine that get the best talent.

while it is true that USC hasnt been top notch lately they were in a SR (against the beavs) only 8 years ago.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PAC 12 Guys