Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » New look for Cal

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/16/2013 10:42:37 AM

ASU74
ASU74

Athletic director Sandy Barbour ushered in a new era for Cal athletics Wednesday as the university unveiled a new supplemental logo and visual identity in a press conference at the school. Click here to see the full release on Calbears.com.
All 27 athletic programs will feature new lettering and numerals on their uniforms, and most of the unis also will sport a new bear logo. Cal athletics will maintain the script Cal as its primary logo. Merchandise with the new visual identity is already available to fans online at the Cal Bears Shop.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/16/2013 3:20:02 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Gotten lukewarm reaction so far. They were smart to leave the Cal script on the helmets too. I like the logo, but it is not super well received by Cal fans for being too "busy" of a logo, and because the bear looks like it is crying. One cool thing about it though is it is based on an older Cal logo that has mostly disappeared from recent memory.

Just in looking at Cal fan reactions, it seems very similar to when the OSU logo came out, except not quite as negative initially, but the change of opinion for the positive is going slower-- more people hated OSU logo, but also, more people started to like it faster as well.
0 permalink
4/16/2013 5:41:39 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Im a traditionalist so I like the old look. No need for that ugly bear. I hate the new LSU logo with that cartoonish freaking tiger lol. The Tiger on the side of LSU's football helmet is the one I prefer.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » New look for Cal