Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Interesting Top 10

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/22/2013 12:48:24 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Using the poll from d1baseball's page (what is it, the writers poll?), some interesting top 10 drama this weekend.

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]Interesting top ten records this weekend. One team ahead of OSU, FSU, got swept... though by #8 UVA, who will certainly jump ahead when the new polls come out in a few hours. Oregon was the other top-ten team besides FSU and OSU to lose a series, also to a ranked team, #12 UCLA. #s 2, 3, 9, and 10 all suffered a loss to unranked teams, but still won the series, so no real harm done. Oregon State was the only top 10 team to suffer an embarrassing series loss, though went 2-4 for the weekend. Probably worth noting that both losses occurred on the same day during a double header.[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#5 FSU 0-3 vs. #8 UVA[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#6 OSU 1-2 vs. UW[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#7 UO 1-2 vs. #12 UCLA[/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#2 LSU 2-1 vs. Alabama[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#3 Vanderbilt 2-1 vs. UGA[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#9 Louisville 2-1 vs. St. Johns[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]#10 Arkansas 2-1 vs. aTm[/font]
0 permalink
4/22/2013 10:04:45 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
So far the 2 polls I've seen (Perfect Game, Baseball America) have Oregon dropping 3 spots and Oregon State only dropping 2. Does this mean we have to hear RD flap his wings and claim unfair, or start a Rodney Dangerfield-esque rant? Sorry RD, looks like your RPI buster prediction/ pretty much every prediction about the Beavers loss was in fact incorrect. I guess some people view losing a doubleheader in poor weather on the road as less of an issue than getting shutout twice at home and losing your fourth series of the year...

An interesting note, as I know RD will say...but we lost to top 25 teams, which is a skewed statement (an example is Hawaii who lost to a ton of top 25 teams but no one would argue Hawaii is any good)...Oregon has yet to win a series against any team that was ranked in the top 25 at the time. Every series they have played against a ranked opponent has resulted in a loss for the quacks.

The Beavers on the other hand have won 4 series against teams ranked at the time of the series (2 of them sweeps including a 4 game sweep)...2 of those teams are currently ranked in the top 10.
edited by OpihiMan on 4/22/2013
0 permalink
4/22/2013 10:41:08 AM

RedStormRising
RedStormRising
Louisville lost the series to St. john's and were very nearly sweep. An untimely error by St. John's in the opening game allowed Louisville to come from behind late in the game to win.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 11:02:00 AM

borgguy
borgguy
I don't disagree with the ducks falling 3 spots, they lost 2 of three to a good team... I am a bit flabbergasted at the fact that we only dropped 2... yeah we lost both games in one day with crappy weather on the road, but we didn't just lose those games we were embarrassed in those games.

maybe I am just being over sensitive, but I just HATE the huskies SO much. and they are so bad this year, and its like we just didn't care saturday.
edited by borgguy on 4/22/2013

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/22/2013 11:37:19 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
My guess is the fact that we've only lost 2 series all year, neither a sweep, and both on the road plays a factor in the 2 spot drop...and the crappy weather/DH may factor in a little. Ducks lost 4 series, 2 @ home and haven't really won a series against a great team.

borgguy wrote:
I don't disagree with the ducks falling 3 spots, they lost 2 of three to a good team... I am a bit flabbergasted at the fact that we only dropped 2... yeah we lost both games in one day with crappy weather on the road, but we didn't just lose those games we were embarrassed in those games.

maybe I am just being over sensitive, but I just HATE the huskies SO much. and they are so bad this year, and its like we just didn't care saturday.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 1:13:16 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
My guess is also that the double-header factored in.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 6:44:28 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I'm pretty sure that had we played that Friday night game, we would NOT have lost the first two. That kind of performance was not a "the other team had our number" affair; that was a "this team was in a collective funk" that would have changed with a single-game loss, just like they came roaring back on Sunday.

Plus, who can play in that crappy Seattle dreary, rainy, drizzly, watery gloomy weather? I hear a lot about how bad our weather is here in Oregon, but it's not infrequent that we have decent weather when the folks in the Emerald City and the G@yBay are suffering fog and rain and dreariness.
0 permalink
4/22/2013 6:57:44 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Were you purposely echoing me? HAHA

SouthernBeaver wrote:
0 permalink
4/22/2013 10:14:32 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
yep! lol I was agreeing with you.
0 permalink
4/23/2013 1:03:27 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Well geez, it's hard to tell you two apart. You even have the same avatar, although SB's is a little bigger. Compensation? Who knows. But hey, I got a beaver too! Difference between your two guys look alike beavers and mine, while yours are bigger than mine, they are also older and I would, personally, rather have a younger, smaller, cooler looking beaver.

OpihiMan wrote:
Were you purposely echoing me? HAHA

SouthernBeaver wrote:

edited by Florida Beaver on 4/23/2013
0 permalink
4/23/2013 9:31:23 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
You've inspired me to create a new one.

I guess one of us Beavers should rep the new logo...does this mean I have the youngest Beaver of them all (it's legal though...Uncle Phil says so)?

Florida Beaver wrote:
Well geez, it's hard to tell you two apart. You even have the same avatar, although SB's is a little bigger. Compensation? Who knows. But hey, I got a beaver too! Difference between your two guys look alike beavers and mine, while yours are bigger than mine, they are also older and I would, personally, rather have a younger, smaller, cooler looking beaver.

0 permalink
4/23/2013 9:38:21 AM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
TECHNICALLY we still had different logos... his was designed in 1951, while mine was designed in 1998 and based on his.
0 permalink
4/23/2013 10:08:51 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:

The Coaches Poll shows beavers 6, ducks 7, bruins 8.. Just saying.
0 permalink
4/23/2013 11:03:32 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
You know BB had that beaver for a while. I told him I was not impressed with his new beaver and it looked lonely and needed something under it. As he changed beavers, he must have thought the same after some consideration. I still hold the same opinion. I do not like the new beaver. Call me old school, but a beaver alone is not natural. Just think on it Opihi.

OpihiMan wrote:

I guess one of us Beavers should rep the new logo...does this mean I have the youngest Beaver of them all (it's legal though...Uncle Phil says so)?

Florida Beaver wrote:

0 permalink
4/23/2013 11:06:40 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
So you're saying your beaver was cloned from Opihi's older beaver? Isn't that like cloning your mother's beaver and then claiming it as your own? (shudders) That's just eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww. Something a duck would do.

SouthernBeaver wrote:
TECHNICALLY we still had different logos... his was designed in 1951, while mine was designed in 1998 and based on his.
0 permalink
4/23/2013 11:07:06 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
You know BB had that beaver for a while. I told him I was not impressed with his new beaver and it looked lonely and needed something under it. As he changed beavers, he must have thought the same after some consideration. I still hold the same opinion. I do not like the new beaver. Call me old school, but a beaver alone is not natural. Just think on it Opihi.
Break out Illustrator. I am sure you could find a unique Font, or one that is official to make it not so lonely.

OpihiMan wrote:

Florida Beaver wrote:

0 permalink
4/23/2013 12:11:47 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
....much better, it needed the new lettering
+1 permalink
4/23/2013 1:45:01 PM

SouthernBeaver
SouthernBeaver
Yeah, the lettering helps.

I'm not saying it is a clone... more of a genetically enhanced clone. Like the clones in star wars were improved versions of Fett. Not copies... improvements!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Interesting Top 10