Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE TOP 25: Latest rankings (4.22)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/22/2013 9:44:31 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here you go, gang:

[font='lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]COLLEGE TOP 25: Our latest College Top 25 rankings are out ...... North Carolina leads the way, but there are two new teams..... who are they?[/font]

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8319

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
+1 permalink
4/22/2013 10:56:42 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Hey Kendall, did you not watch the same Beaver-Husky series I did? while I am ecstatic that you still have us in the top 10, I am a bit flabbergasted at it. not only did we get beat, we got thrashed by a very inferior team.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/22/2013 11:55:03 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Hey Kendall, just want to let you know I appreciate your write-ups...it's nice having explanations and some info, for those of us that don't follow all of the top 25, as well as the poll.
+1 permalink
4/22/2013 1:56:39 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Washington is a little better than that terrible record and thats not saying much. When you play on the road its just different for teams. Oregon State just had a wtf moment this weekend and it usually happens to all teams once or twice per season. OSU will be ok. When Washington played us earlier in the season they really hit well but our pitching was just better than them.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
4/22/2013 3:18:52 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
You bet.

If you can't explain in-depth why you have teams ranked wherever, you lose credibility, and rightfully so. OpihiMan wrote:
Hey Kendall, just want to let you know I appreciate your write-ups...it's nice having explanations and some info, for those of us that don't follow all of the top 25, as well as the poll.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/22/2013 7:00:08 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
borgguy wrote:
Hey Kendall, did you not watch the same Beaver-Husky series I did? while I am ecstatic that you still have us in the top 10, I am a bit flabbergasted at it. not only did we get beat, we got thrashed by a very inferior team.

Borg, yes, that was an embarrassing series loss. But consider this: Oregon State's winning percentage is still the 8th best in the country. And two of those above us are Campbell (SOS 254) and Dartmouth (SOS 286).

Yes, we still belong in the top ten. We're probably in the right spot in Kendall's rankings.

Plus, and I always consider this an advantage, when compared to schools that don't face this kind of adversity: It's a good thing to lose and feel human during the regular season. To go through those doubts and realize that you need to work harder to win with consistency. It's not just the angels sprinkling victory glitter over your every move. Because you are always going to run into a tough opponent, and you'll have to reach within to find that extra something to overcome. If you don't face those situations in the regular season, you won't know how to be successful when you face them in the postseason. So, still top ten. Not top five. In a very good position. I'm good. Big Grin
0 permalink
4/23/2013 11:09:43 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, after following Kendall, I knew the Huskies had it in them, and I feel thankful we swept them when they were still figuring it out. Hopefully the teams that beat us, could get beat by the huskies. Heck the whole Pac race could get interesting pretty quickly. A few more series losses by the ducks and beavs, could make it a brawl to the finish.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE TOP 25: Latest rankings (4.22)