Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 11

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/28/2013 6:00:27 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, I'd give the nod to Healy for offensive player of the week. I think you could choose any of the Beaver's starting pitchers for pitcher of the week.

Riverduck wrote:
I am going to put it out there, Healy should get player of the week. That was some clutch hitting, textbook Oregon baseball.
edited by Riverduck on 4/28/2013

yeah, I agree. I felt Reed was on track for that award as well, till that catcher interference. Was throwing 1 hit ball upt to that, and was a double play inning deal, that switched to two on, one out.. and their best hitter knocking in two. All their hits looked lucky.. including the hr. Reed had some nasty nasty stuff today. I think cleavenger got two wins this weekend..
0 permalink
4/28/2013 7:06:50 PM

ASU74
ASU74
BB
Bold predictions, but it paid off for ya. Congrads.

Hogfan
Looks like you took over and are the top Hog so far for the season. Congrads
F
edited by ASU74 on 4/28/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
4/28/2013 7:33:10 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Really??

Like my team I slumped for a couple weeks, but maybe I'm getting it together for a stretch run!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 8:04:22 PM

borgguy
borgguy
DAY THREE RECAP

OREGON 4 STANFORD 3

Mitchell Tolman laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to score Aaron Payne from third and give No. 13 Oregon a 4-3 win over No. 21 Stanford on Sunday at PK Park in a Pac-12 Conference game.
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tolman bunted the ball toward third and Stanford pitcher Sam Lundquist couldn’t make the play allowing Payne to finish a two-run ninth inning rally and give the Ducks a series sweep.

OREGON WINS SERIES 3-0

Mitchell Tolman laid down a perfect squeeze bunt to score Aaron Payne from third and give No. 13 Oregon a 4-3 win over No. 21 Stanford on Sunday at PK Park in a Pac-12 Conference game.
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tolman bunted the ball toward third and Stanford pitcher Sam Lundquist couldn’t make the play allowing Payne to finish a two-run ninth inning rally and give the Ducks a series sweep.[/font]

OREGON STATE 6 SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA 1
[/font]Ben Wetzler scattered six hits and a run in eight innings to help send the seventh-ranked Oregon State baseball team to its first ever three-game sweep of USC with a 6-1 win Sunday afternoon at Goss Stadium.
Michael Conforto and Andy Peterson each had two hits and Dylan Davis drove in two runs for the Beavers, who swept USC for just the second time as the 1952 club downed the Trojans in a two-game series.It was the Beavers' third Pac-12 Conference sweep of the season and helped OSU improve its overall record to 34-8 this season while the team's league mark is 14-4. USC, meanwhile, is at 16-26 overall and 8-13 in Pac-12 play.

OREGON STATE WINS SERIES 3-0

WASHINGTON STATE 4 UCLA 3

In a game with eight errors and eight infield singles, it was one of each that ultimately decided Sunday's Pac-12 Conference baseball game between UCLA and Washington State.
Collin Slaybaugh beat out a ground ball to first base with two outs in the bottom of the eighth and a throwing error on the play by UCLA (27-13, 11-7 Pac-12) first baseman Pat Gallagher allowed Shea Donlin to score what proved to be the winning run for Washington State (20-20, 7-11 Pac-12) in a 4-3 victory.Donlin reached base to open the eighth when he was hit by Zack Weiss's only pitch of the game. Weiss (1-1), the fifth of six Bruins' pitchers wound up suffering the loss. Ian Sagdal sacrificed Donlin to second. Two batters later, Washington State scored the game-winner.J.D. Leckenby (1-2) pitched three shutout innings to earn the win on the mound for the Cougars while Jason Monda worked the ninth for his first-collegiate save.

UCLA WINS SERIES 2-1

ARIZONA STATE 9 UTAH 6

Designated hitter RJ Ybarra's four RBI helped the eighth-ranked Arizona State University baseball team come back from an early deficit to complete a series sweep over Utah, 9-6, on Sunday at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City.
The Sun Devils (28-12-1, 11-7) fell behind by three runs after the opening two innings, but Ybarra hit a three-run homer in the top of the fifth to tie the game at five runs apiece. ASU added four runs over the final four frames to withstand two lead changes and a tie and secure its second series sweep, including the first in conference play, of the season.

ARIZONA STATE WINS SERIES 3-0

CALIFORNIA 6 WASHINGTON 5 (14)

Washington reliever Zach Wright threw a wild pitch in the top of the 14th inning, allowing Brenden Farney to score the winning run in Cal's 6-5 extra-inning victory over the Huskies Sunday (April 28) at Husky Ballpark. The Golden Bears (20-23, 9-12) ended up capturing the series two games to one - falling 3-2 in 12 innings on Friday before winning 8-1 Saturday and now 6-5 Sunday.
Farney started the rally in the 14th inning with a one-out single to right field. After a walk to Andrew Knapp and a ground out to the Wright by Grant Diede had advanced Farney to third base, the sophomore second baseman scored the go ahead run on Wright's errant pitch.The winning pitcher for Cal was freshman right-hander Collin Monsour, who was one of eight Bear pitchers (six of whom keep the Huskies scoreless through the final 12 innings). Monsour (2-0) pitched the final 2.0 innings and got the Huskies' (14-28, 6-12) Braden Bishop to line-out to the pitcher to end the contest.Washington had taken an early lead in the contest when it scored five runs in the second inning off of Cal pitchers Dylan Nelson and Ryan Wertenberger, but Cal rebounded with two runs in both the third and fourth innings and a run in the fifth inning.

CALIFORNIA WINS SERIES 2-1

ARIZONA 18 ALABAMA STATE 3

Johnny Field homered and Brandon Dixon had a career-high five hits to lead a relentless offensive attack that scored in every inning for Arizona, which routed Alabama State, 18-3, to complete a three-game sweep on Sunday afternoon at Hi Corbett Field.
Arizona (28-14) won for the 10th-straight game in its home ballpark, doing so with season-highs in runs scored (18), total base hits (22) and extra base hits (eight). Seven Wildcats had multi-hit games, while 10 different players scored a run.
The scoring opened in the bottom of the first inning when Trent Gilbert doubled and scored on Dixon's first of three doubles. After Dixon stole his 28th base of the season, he scored from third on a safety squeeze bunt by Zach Gibbons to give the Wildcats the early 2-0 lead.
With a run already on the board in the second inning, Field roped a two-run home run to left field, pushing the advantage to 5-0.

ARIZONA WINS SERIES 3-0

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 8:46:18 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Final Standings

1)BeaverBob-29

2)YellowLabOSU-27

T3)BTExpress-26

T3)Riverduck-26

T3)JCR-26

6)Opihiman-25

T7)Dodger Matt-24

T7)Hogfan4life-24

T7)OregonG20-24

T7)OregonStHomer-24

11)Rowdy-22

T12)Beaverstate69-21

T12)UOsportsguy-21

T12)ASU74-21

T12)WildCard85-21

T16)Borgguy-20

T16)Florida Beaver-20

18)SouthernBeaver-18

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:29:05 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Southern Beav and FB.. Next time pick the ducks..
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:34:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
F, I really expected to come in last this week and last week by going with a bunch of sweeps. I might have to use this strategy when I am in Reno in June, playing golf and doing a little gambling.

ASU74 wrote:
BB

Hogfan
F
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:36:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, I feel so honored to be the Week 11 winner. I'll be videotaping my winner's speach and posting over the next few days. What is the prize?

borgguy wrote:
Final Standings

1)BeaverBob-29

2)YellowLabOSU-27

T3)BTExpress-26

T3)Riverduck-26

T3)JCR-26

6)Opihiman-25

T7)Dodger Matt-24

T7)Hogfan4life-24

T7)OregonG20-24

T7)OregonStHomer-24

11)Rowdy-22

T12)Beaverstate69-21

T12)UOsportsguy-21

T12)ASU74-21

T12)WildCard85-21

T16)Borgguy-20

T16)Florida Beaver-20

18)SouthernBeaver-18
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:39:38 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
WOW, I feel so honored to be the Week 11 winner. I'll be videotaping my winner's speach and posting over the next few days. What is the prize?

borgguy wrote:
Final Standings

1)BeaverBob-29

2)YellowLabOSU-27

T3)BTExpress-26

T3)Riverduck-26

T3)JCR-26

6)Opihiman-25

T7)Dodger Matt-24

T7)Hogfan4life-24

T7)OregonG20-24

T7)OregonStHomer-24

11)Rowdy-22

T12)Beaverstate69-21

T12)UOsportsguy-21

T12)ASU74-21

T12)WildCard85-21

T16)Borgguy-20

T16)Florida Beaver-20

18)SouthernBeaver-18
[/
picking a ducks sweep. I could not even pick a beavs sweep. Too proud. BB, you truly deserve it this week.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:42:11 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
F, I really expected to come in last this week and last week by going with a bunch of sweeps. I might have to use this strategy when I am in Reno in June, playing golf and doing a little gambling.

ASU74 wrote:
BB

Hogfan
F

BB- of all beavs fans.. you understood what this series stood for for the ducks. I was plenty pissed how they gave up the lead.. but plenty pleased on how they ripped the life out of the cardinals in the ninth. Some slight redemption to last years football nightmare.
Oh, and Casey mentioned the girls team sweeping AZ.. Few weeks our girls team no hit them, and salvaged a series win versus UCLA. 40-7.. is a serious record. Softball and Baseball combined have a 73-17 record. Wow!
0 permalink
4/28/2013 9:57:42 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Grammar Moses making few points here. (Hate me for the grammar shiite, but some things bother me and require mention):

Congrats versus congrads: You congratulate someone, because the root word is gratis "thanks"; gradis means levels or grades. There is no giving "grades" when you you give thanks. IOW: congrats not congrads.

Led versus lead. "Lead" (pronounced /led/) is a metal. Alchemists tried to to turn lead into gold. As a metal, it is referred to as "plumbum". If you look at battery notices, you might see a battery symbol with the letters "Pb" over it, which indicates a lead-acid battery. Plumbum also carries over into English in the words plumber (a guy who uses LEAD pipes) and a "plumb line" (that plumbers use to determine a perpendicular line). Lead (pronounced /leed/ is the infintive form of the verb, to lead. "Leaders lead today. Yesterday, leaders led.

So "The Beavers rapped out a season-best 20 hits, LED by Max Gordon, who finished 4-for-5 on the day with two runs driven in."

Note: Led Zeppelin, like Def Leppard, is an intentional misspelling. If it were to be construed as an intentional spelling, one would have to understand that some one was pulling the zeppelin by a string attached to its nose; that it would be a "led" zeppelin.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:10:53 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Grammar Moses making few points here. (Hate me for the grammar shiite, but some things bother me and require mention):

Congrats versus congrads: You congratulate someone, because the root word is gratis "thanks"; gradis means levels or grades. There is no giving "grades" when you you give thanks. IOW: congrats not congrads.

Led versus lead. "Lead" (pronounced /led/) is a metal. Alchemists tried to to turn lead into gold. As a metal, it is referred to as "plumbum". If you look at battery notices, you might see a battery symbol with the letters "Pb" over it, which indicates a lead-acid battery. Plumbum also carries over into English in the words plumber (a guy who uses LEAD pipes) and a "plumb line" (that plumbers use to determine a perpendicular line). Lead (pronounced /leed/ is the infintive form of the verb, to lead. "Leaders lead today. Yesterday, leaders led.

So "The Beavers rapped out a season-best 20 hits, LED by Max Gordon, who finished 4-for-5 on the day with two runs driven in."

Note: Led Zeppelin, like Def Leppard, is an intentional misspelling. If it were to be construed as an intentional spelling, one would have to understand that some one was pulling the zeppelin by a string attached to its nose; that it would be a "led" zeppelin.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:12:50 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I love it Professor Matt.
Dodger Matt wrote:

0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:17:36 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

As an owner of a paper.. and having to deal with that crap on a weekly basis. Please.. this is baseball, not a paper that is judged by grammatical errors.. turn off our contributors. Pointing out grammatical errors is tacky and a disgrace to all. Last thing we need is a high school teacher telling us about our shortcomings when in comes to communicating in print. So, for the love of god, quit trying to hold up Mr. Bullokar.

Yeah.. I think whoever wrote that, was hurried, or could care less. The nice thing about comprehension is spelling is not always the end all. I am not supporting the communication, but did understand. I appreciate contributions from the community, and hope, that whoever commented is not turned off by someone in the peanut gallery who thinks grammar is above tact. Just saying. I know you guys hate me anyway, but chill out.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:32:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:

Well, I have to give you the time spent on that thought. Well done.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:32:13 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Here's what I would prefer. I am not above making mistakes, but I would like the acolytes correct me when I do rather than force me to publicly make corrections. Let me state the official numbers, and, if I get something wrong, let someone (like ASU74 did one week this year) tell me that i was wrong. I am quite aware that there are many of you tracking scores besides me, so I am not worried about keeping honest.

Anyway, here are the official week 11 numbers:

29.0 BeaverBob
26.0 BTExpress
26.0 JCR
26.0 RiverDuck
26.0 YellowlabOSU
25.0 OpihiMan
24.0 Dodger Matt
24.0 hogfan4life
24.0 OregonG20
23.0 OregonStHomer
22.0 beaverstate69
22.0 Rowdy
21.0 ASU74
21.0 UOsportsguy
21.0 WildCard85
20.0 borgguy
20.0 Florida Beaver
18.0 SouthernBeaver
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:33:20 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

Well, I have to give you the time spent on that thought. Well done.

And semi crafty.. since you are a beav nonetheless.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:35:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
RD, I don't hate you, man.

There are certain things that just get me. Lead for led is something I have seen MORE THAN ONCE on the Beaver sports site. Get it WRITE/RITE already, okay? You are communication experts (allegedly).
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:36:31 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
Here's what I would prefer. I am not above making mistakes, but I would like the acolytes correct me when I do rather than force me to publicly make corrections. Let me state the official numbers, and, if I get something wrong, let someone (like ASU74 did one week this year) tell me that i was wrong. I am quite aware that there are many of you tracking scores besides me, so I am not worried about keeping honest.

Anyway, here are the official week 11 numbers:

29.0 BeaverBob
26.0 BTExpress
26.0 JCR
26.0 RiverDuck
26.0 YellowlabOSU
25.0 OpihiMan
24.0 Dodger Matt
24.0 hogfan4life
24.0 OregonG20
23.0 OregonStHomer
22.0 beaverstate69
22.0 Rowdy
21.0 ASU74
21.0 UOsportsguy
21.0 WildCard85
20.0 borgguy
20.0 Florida Beaver
18.0 SouthernBeaver[/qu
Few more weeks of that and RD might be back in the game. I need to start copying BB and BTEexpress. They are understanding the pac right now.
0 permalink
4/28/2013 10:37:48 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
RD, I don't hate you, man.

There are certain things that just get me. Lead for led is something I have seen MORE THAN ONCE on the Beaver sports site. Get it WRITE/RITE already, okay? You are communication experts (allegedly).

Yeah.. I understand. This thread is fun, and you add to it. Thanks.
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 11