Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 12

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/1/2013 8:06:17 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1067
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:23:23 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Sherfy has been absent of late. Hopefully he is healthy.
You guys are getting lots of rest. Which is good and bad. I like our top three pitchers, with our relivers.. after that I don't know.
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:26:21 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Yeah. That is alot of ball. But we need someone to find their bat. Payne has got to get hot down the stretch. Alot has got to get hot. Those guys are key. Our catchers have to produce. I am so sick of their crappy bat. Serious. Last week Graham was hit the crap out of the ball.. I still don't think Horton knows who his catcher is. And that my friends is BAD.
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:27:36 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Yeah. That is alot of ball. But we need someone to find their bat. Payne has got to get hot down the stretch. Alot has got to get hot. Those guys are key. Our catchers have to produce. I am so sick of their crappy bat. Serious. Last week Graham was hit the crap out of the ball.. I still don't think Horton knows who his catcher is. And that my friends is BAD.

well at least our ladies know how to get it done.. Damn! http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=207503161
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:28:37 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Yeah. That is alot of ball. But we need someone to find their bat. Payne has got to get hot down the stretch. Alot has got to get hot. Those guys are key. Our catchers have to produce. I am so sick of their crappy bat. Serious. Last week Graham was hit the crap out of the ball.. I still don't think Horton knows who his catcher is. And that my friends is BAD.

well at least our ladies know how to get it done.. Damn! http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=207503161

17 k's.. wow. I am wasting my time with the mens team. lol
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:30:55 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Yeah. That is alot of ball. But we need someone to find their bat. Payne has got to get hot down the stretch. Alot has got to get hot. Those guys are key. Our catchers have to produce. I am so sick of their crappy bat. Serious. Last week Graham was hit the crap out of the ball.. I still don't think Horton knows who his catcher is. And that my friends is BAD.

well at least our ladies know how to get it done.. Damn! http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=207503161

17 k's.. wow. I am wasting my time with the mens team. lol

16-4. That is nuts. I coached girls softball for a few years. Everything shrank. I went to watch a baseball game and I felt like I needed glasses. Seriously. Softball is all about the ringer. And it looks like Eugene has a few.
0 permalink
5/1/2013 10:32:10 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:
7 game weeks this week, 5 days off, 3 game series, 1 day off, 2 games, 1 day off, then the Beavs. Sounds like a whole lot of ball playing BEFORE the CW. Think it could wear you guys down, using up your bullpen starting the weekday games and your relievers? Hell, Sherfy might have to pull a Buck Dallas, and while he might have the arm, I don't know if he has the heart.

Yeah. That is alot of ball. But we need someone to find their bat. Payne has got to get hot down the stretch. Alot has got to get hot. Those guys are key. Our catchers have to produce. I am so sick of their crappy bat. Serious. Last week Graham was hit the crap out of the ball.. I still don't think Horton knows who his catcher is. And that my friends is BAD.

well at least our ladies know how to get it done.. Damn! http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=207503161

17 k's.. wow. I am wasting my time with the mens team. lol

16-4. That is nuts. I coached girls softball for a few years. Everything shrank. I went to watch a baseball game and I felt like I needed glasses. Seriously. Softball is all about the ringer. And it looks like Eugene has a few.

I would go out on a limb and say our softball team has a way better chance making it to the cws than our guys team. But hey.. if they are both in it.. that would be ok.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 12:44:17 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 990
OSU 3-0
Ore 2-1
ASU 2-1
Ariz 2-1
UCLA 3-0
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/2/2013 12:45:29 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 990
I really wish I wasn't sooooo busy this week because I'd love to compile everything RD said about Seattle ALMOST beating the Beavers and whip it right back in his face as the Sucks lost to Seattle tonight WOW!!!
0 permalink
5/2/2013 9:11:45 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Posts: 2102
Yeah, and I will just throw back everything you would normally say.. midweek game, etc, etc. Checking the RPI did not do much damage. Dropped us one to 8. It is the same old story OM. Any team can beat any other team any day of the week. 34-11 is still pretty good. Losing this game probably does more to the team than winning IMO in a positive way. You guys got beat by San Francisco this year, and if I remember correctly you lost to seattle last year. We still have a better record than OSU in the last 15 games. Including a win over yours truly.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 9:20:44 AM

WildCard85
WildCard85
Posts: 67
OSU 3-0
Ore 2-1
Stan 2-1
Ariz 2-1
UCLA 3-0
XTC 2-1

GO CARDINAL !!
0 permalink
5/2/2013 10:00:30 AM

UOsportsguy
UOsportsguy
Posts: 16
OSU - 3-0
Ore - 3-0
ASU - 2-1
Ariz - 2-1
ucla - 3-0
USC - 2-1
0 permalink
5/2/2013 12:36:18 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 990
It has nothing to do about my reasoning's from previous, because those are all still true. My point relates to how much you were blasting the Beavs for being taken to extras against Seattle in the Beavs win. Then you lose to Seattle. RD, you keep putting your webbed foot in your beak. End of story.


Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, and I will just throw back everything you would normally say.. midweek game, etc, etc. Checking the RPI did not do much damage. Dropped us one to 8. It is the same old story OM. Any team can beat any other team any day of the week. 34-11 is still pretty good. Losing this game probably does more to the team than winning IMO in a positive way. You guys got beat by San Francisco this year, and if I remember correctly you lost to seattle last year. We still have a better record than OSU in the last 15 games. Including a win over yours truly.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 1:34:51 PM

JCR
JCR
Posts: 12
OSU 3-0
Ore 3-0
ASU 2-1
Ariz 2-1
UCLA 2-1
XTC 2-1
0 permalink
5/2/2013 3:25:14 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1067
Riverduck wrote:
Yeah, and I will just throw back everything you would normally say.. midweek game, etc, etc. Checking the RPI did not do much damage. Dropped us one to 8. It is the same old story OM. Any team can beat any other team any day of the week. 34-11 is still pretty good. Losing this game probably does more to the team than winning IMO in a positive way. You guys got beat by San Francisco this year, and if I remember correctly you lost to seattle last year. We still have a better record than OSU in the last 15 games. Including a win over yours truly.



It did have some damage RD. It dropped your RPI at 8, thus risking your national seed. You'd still have your regional at Eugene, but put at big risk the home field advantage IF you made it to the Supers.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:20:22 PM

OregonStHomer
OregonStHomer
Posts: 47
How is it that USC's cameras/operators are SOO bad? This game is near unwatchable. I think one of em is covered in webs/dirt.
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:28:39 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1254

OSU 3-0
Ore 2-1
ASU 2-1
Ariz 2-1
UCLA 3-0
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/2/2013 7:34:31 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1254
DM, check your PM.
Thanks
0 permalink
5/2/2013 8:33:19 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2078
I noticed there are two others with the same picks I have. May you two guys do extremely well this week!

OSU 3-0
Ore 2-1
ASU 2-1
Ariz 3-0
UCLA 3-0
USC 2-1
0 permalink
5/2/2013 9:28:12 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2078
Pick analysis

Here’s another highly polarized weekend of predictions.
  • Oregon State leads the Pac as a 17-0 pick to beat Cal...and all 17 are sweeps. Unheard of unanimity.
  • UCLA is close, a 17-0 pick over Utah with 13 sweeps.
  • Arizona comes next, 17-0 over UW with 9 sweeps.
  • Oregon is our last unanimous pick, 17-0 over Wazzu with 6 sweeps.
  • The two “close” series are ASU 16-1 over Stanford, with 3 sweeps.
  • And USC 12-5 over TCU with 2 sweeps.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac-12 predictions: 2013 Week 12





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software