Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE FIELD OF 64: May 9

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/9/2013 11:27:43 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's my latest College Baseball Field of 64, which includes a familiar set of national seeds, but also a brand new host site, replacing Oklahoma. Who is it and who's in the field this week?

Come find out where your team is!

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8397

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/9/2013 2:25:04 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Hey Kendall:

While I love that you have both Oregon and Oregon State a Natl seeds, do you really believe that the NCAA will let there be two SRs withing 40 miles of each other? I ask because the selection committee is alwasys going on about geographical balance, So I would not be the least surprised if the loser of the Civil War gets screwed out of a Natl seed even if they have a top 8 RPI, and even less surpised if they matched the Corvallis and Eugene regionals together. what do you think?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/9/2013 3:22:46 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I don't know bg. I've seen gainesville and talllahassee regional quite often in the same year and never in the same SR slot. Could be a moot point after this weekend.
0 permalink
5/9/2013 3:22:52 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
They wouldn't pair 2 regionals from the same conference. Thats why the ACC and SEC schools don't have paired regionals for the super regionals (that only applies to the 1 seed of the regionals, a 2 seed that upsets a host and wins a regional can play the 1 seed of a matching regional from the same conference). At least that's how I remember it.
+1 permalink
5/9/2013 5:03:31 PM

borgguy
borgguy
well at least they wouldnt pair the regionals together, but I still dont think they would have two SUPER regionals that close to each other. obviously regular regionals are different, but I have my doubts about National seeds

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/9/2013 5:32:58 PM

77tarheel
77tarheel
Chapel Hill & ncsu's field in west Raleigh are 25 miles apart
0 permalink
5/9/2013 5:33:06 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wow the Eugene Regional- Spicey. If both the Ducks and Arkansas win their regional.. that would be a classic. OK in the regional.. wow. OSU and gonzaga.. that could also be a tad bit interesting.
0 permalink
5/9/2013 5:33:49 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, there is a possibility of two super regionals in Oregon, if things pan out..
edited by Riverduck on 5/9/2013
0 permalink
5/9/2013 5:35:40 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
Hey Kendall:

While I love that you have both Oregon and Oregon State a Natl seeds, do you really believe that the NCAA will let there be two SRs withing 40 miles of each other? I ask because the selection committee is alwasys going on about geographical balance, So I would not be the least surprised if the loser of the Civil War gets screwed out of a Natl seed even if they have a top 8 RPI, and even less surpised if they matched the Corvallis and Eugene regionals together. what do you think?

I think if OSU loses to Oregon, and wins the rest of their series, they will still be a lock. Oregon needs to beat OSU in my opinion..
0 permalink
5/9/2013 6:08:47 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
So Kendall- You are predicting a OSU Automatic bid. Give me the percentage you think that will happen. 80%-90%? Remember the last time they played a series at PK park?
0 permalink
5/10/2013 8:08:49 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
borgguy wrote:
I still dont think they would have two SUPER regionals that close to each other. obviously regular regionals are different, but I have my doubts about National seeds

2009 - Cal State Fullerton and UC Irvine were both national seeds, 18 miles apart
2006 - Georgia and Georgia Tech were both national seeds, 70 miles apart
2001 - USC and Fullerton were both national seeds, across town from each other

Texas and Rice have both been national seeds multiple times. Same with Florida and Florida State.
+2 permalink
5/10/2013 8:34:58 AM

borgguy
borgguy
MiamiBaseball wrote:
borgguy wrote:
I still dont think they would have two SUPER regionals that close to each other. obviously regular regionals are different, but I have my doubts about National seeds

2009 - Cal State Fullerton and UC Irvine were both national seeds, 18 miles apart
2006 - Georgia and Georgia Tech were both national seeds, 70 miles apart
2001 - USC and Fullerton were both national seeds, across town from each other

Texas and Rice have both been national seeds multiple times. Same with Florida and Florida State.

Thanks Miami, that makes me feel better.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » COLLEGE FIELD OF 64: May 9