Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Pac POW

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/13/2013 3:44:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well looks like the best freshman pitcher in the pac picked up his second POW award.. http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2013/05/oregons_cole_irvin_named_pac-1.html#incart_river_default
0 permalink
5/13/2013 4:50:44 PM

borgguy
borgguy
saturday will determine who is the better freshman pitcher, and I have to go with Moore, his numbers over the course of the season are just better. Yes Irvin is good, and I look forward to at least two more years of good matchups between him and Moore, but ATM Andrew is the better pitcher

--
GO BEAVS!
+2 permalink
5/13/2013 5:56:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
But evidently Irvin had two better...
0 permalink
5/13/2013 10:33:42 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
RD...did you see the FACTS I posted...those STATS aren't absurd opinions but are actually factual.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 10:39:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I don't discount those stats, but apparently Irvin pitched well enough in two games to eclipse any of Moore's accomplishments. He has come up big when we need it. And he does it with an enemic offense. Watching the nc state fsu game, I was appalled at the pitching.. it looked like ncstate was just tubing pitches down the middle. The pitches that where mistakes ended up over the fences. I truly believe the pac is the premier league for quality pitchers.. UCLA, OSU, Oregon, and even all the other pac teams have one or two quality starters that could pitch for SEC, or ACC and rip it up.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 11:08:07 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, are you familiar with liberal bias in the news? For example, most media are in love with OBAMA, and even Chris Mathews from PMS MSNBC wants to have sex with him.
I see the same trend in sports reporting. Maybe it is not a liberal bias, but most sports writers are in love with Horton and the Ducks as a result of their flash and money. Sports writers appear to put blinders on when making rationale decisions. Here is a good example -- The fact that last year's Duck's team got a national seed even though the Beavers swept them in the last series of the year and that the Ducks didn't even finish as one of the top two teams in the conference proves this bias. Then, look at the fact that the Beavers did not get a national seed the prior year after being swept by the Ducks.

While I think that both Horton and Casey are excellent coaches, Horton will get the nod and so will his Duck players as a result of the pencil that Horton keeps behind his ear and his so-called flash, and the flash of Uncle Phil and the Nike money pumped into the stadium.

Just don't believe every thing you see or read, unless you are also sucked into this bias.
0 permalink
5/13/2013 11:15:29 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, are you familiar with liberal bias in the news? For example, most media are in love with OBAMA, and even Chris Mathews from PMS MSNBC wants to have sex with him.
I see the same trend in sports reporting. Maybe it is not a liberal bias, but most sports writers are in love with Horton and the Ducks as a result of their flash and money. Sports writers appear to put blinders on when making rationale decisions. Here is a good example -- The fact that last year's Duck's team got a national seed even though the Beavers swept them in the last series of the year and that the Ducks didn't even finish as one of the top two teams in the conference proves this bias. Then, look at the fact that the Beavers did not get a national seed the prior year after being swept by the Ducks.

While I think that both Horton and Casey are excellent coaches, Horton will get the nod and so will his Duck players as a result of the pencil that Horton keeps behind his ear and his so-called flash, and the flash of Uncle Phil and the Nike money pumped into the stadium.

Just don't believe every thing you see or read, unless you are also sucked into this bias.

Hmm. It has been my impression that Kendall, who was just thrown a ton of press via espnu tonight has a love affair with you beavs. Same with Aron fitt. I would love to hear them eat crow when the beavs get beat by the ducks. It may or may not happen. But we win two.. and we win the series. That is all we need.. two. So if we lose the series, but win one at pk, and one again at goss, we are the champs of oregon.. period. Look at your schedule.. you guys played a bunch of cupcakes. enough said.
0 permalink
5/14/2013 12:40:02 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Hmm. It has been my impression that Kendall, who was just thrown a ton of press via espnu tonight has a love affair with you beavs. Same with Aron fitt. I would love to hear them eat crow when the beavs get beat by the ducks. It may or may not happen. But we win two.. and we win the series. That is all we need.. two. So if we lose the series, but win one at pk, and one again at goss, we are the champs of oregon.. period. Look at your schedule.. you guys played a bunch of cupcakes. enough said.

When did Kendall get a love affair going with the Beavs? Have you even been paying attention to his polls? He has OSU at #7. Heck, wee had to beat the stuffing out of UCLA before he ranked us ahead of them even though our record was better than theirs. So no. Kendall does not have a love affair with us. As for cupcakes...yes you played Vandy and CSF. And you lost both series. So what freakin diff does it make if you played and lost? I bet they look at the ducks as their cupcake team to play. Hard to say who will or will not be they cupcake team to play until the year gets started. So blame it on scheduling. And it's hard not to like Casey and the Beavs when you look at the not top players he gets to come play at OSU then makes a hell of a team out of what other coaches couldn't do crap with. Horton relies on Uncle Phil's $$$ to get players. So I guess the ducks are just a bunch of whores, No?
0 permalink
5/14/2013 1:01:47 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Riverduck wrote:
And he does it with an enemic offense.

"Enemic"? Does that mean "like an enema"? Or in need of one? Big Grin

I don't think anyone who "does it" with an offense in need of an enema deserves any weekly awards.
0 permalink
5/14/2013 1:08:13 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BTW, Kendall's infatuation is with UCLA. He STILL has the Bruins ranked higher than the Ducks (erroneously, IMNSHO). The ISRs, RPIs, Nolan, Massey, everyone has Oregon four to ten slots higher than UCLA...except for Kendall. SMH.
0 permalink
5/14/2013 1:25:14 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Dodger Matt wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
And he does it with an enemic offense.

"Enemic"? Does that mean "like an enema"? Or in need of one? Big Grin

I don't think anyone who "does it" with an offense in need of an enema deserves any weekly awards.

I googled enemic and the best it came up with is it is the European version of anemic, hence starting with an "e", for Europe, as opposed to satrting with an "a" for America. Makes sense, I guess.
0 permalink
5/14/2013 10:45:36 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, i will blame the spelling mistake on my iphone.. but i think you guys got the message.
+1 permalink
5/14/2013 10:48:39 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:

And also Resurrecting a defunct program with only one bad year. That is impressive. Some things money can't buy. I think Horton will retire if he ever gets back to the CWS.. Although looking at Martin.. I think it is a good excuse to get out of the house. Who would want to retire from a D1 College baseball coach who wins?
0 permalink
5/15/2013 8:57:19 PM

borgguy
borgguy
week by week comparison:
Week 1
Andrew Moore: Win. 5.1 inn 4 hits 3 runs 1 earned 3 walks 6 Ks
Cole Irvin: Win. 7 inn 5 hits 3 runs 3 earned 2 walks 4 Ks
Advantage: Moore
Week 2
AM: Win 8.1 inn 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned 0 walks 2 Ks
CI: Win 8 inn 6 hits 1 run 1 earned 0 walks 3 Ks

Week 3:

AM: Win 8 inn 4 hits 1 run 0 earned 1 walk 7 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 8 hits 1 run 1 earned 1 walk 7Ks

Week 4:

AM: Win 5.2 inn 5 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 6 Ks
CI: No Decision 7.1 inn 9 hits 4 runs 4 earned 0 walks 5 Ks

Week 5:

AM: Win 5.2 inn 9 hits 3 runs 2 earned 0 walks 3 Ks
CI: Loss 4.1 inn 6 hits 5 runs 5 earned 2 walks 0Ks
Advantage Moore:

Week 6:
AM: Loss 5.2 inn 4 hits 2 runs 2 earned 1 walk 1 K
CI: Win 5.1 inn 6 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 1K
Advantage: Moore despite losing had a better outing

Week 7:
AM: No Decision 4 inn 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned 1 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 9 inn 4 hits 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 11Ks
Advantage: Irvin

Week 8:
AM: Win 6.2 inn 4 hits 0 runs 0 earned 3 walks 5 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 6 hits 3 run 3 earned 2 walks 2 Ks
Adantage Moore

Week 9:
AM: Win 6.2 inn 5 hits 3 runs 3 earned 3 walks 5Ks
CI: Win 5 inn 7 hits 4 runs 4 earned 2 walks 2Ks

Week 10:
AM: No Decision 6.1 inn 7 hits 2 runs 2 earned 1 walk 4Ks
CI: Loss 9 inn 6 hits 1 run 0 earned 1 walk 3 Ks

Week 11:
AM: Win 7.2 inn 5 hits 0 runs 0 earned 2 walks 1 K
CI: win 7 inn 10 hits 4 runs 2 earned 2 walks 1 K

Week 12:
AM: Win 9 inn 2 hit 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 6 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 5Ks

Week 13:
AM: Win 6 inn 6 hits 2 run 2 earned 2 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 9 inn 6 hits 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 7 Ks

So I have a 10-3 advantage to Moore

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:11:28 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
week by week comparison:
Week 1
Andrew Moore: Win. 5.1 inn 4 hits 3 runs 1 earned 3 walks 6 Ks
Cole Irvin: Win. 7 inn 5 hits 3 runs 3 earned 2 walks 4 Ks
Week 2
AM: Win 8.1 inn 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned 0 walks 2 Ks
CI: Win 8 inn 6 hits 1 run 1 earned 0 walks 3 Ks

Week 3:

AM: Win 8 inn 4 hits 1 run 0 earned 1 walk 7 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 8 hits 1 run 1 earned 1 walk 7Ks

Week 4:

AM: Win 5.2 inn 5 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 6 Ks
CI: No Decision 7.1 inn 9 hits 4 runs 4 earned 0 walks 5 Ks

Week 5:

AM: Win 5.2 inn 9 hits 3 runs 2 earned 0 walks 3 Ks
CI: Loss 4.1 inn 6 hits 5 runs 5 earned 2 walks 0Ks
Advantage Moore:

Week 6:
AM: Loss 5.2 inn 4 hits 2 runs 2 earned 1 walk 1 K
CI: Win 5.1 inn 6 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 1K
Advantage: Moore despite losing had a better outing

Week 7:
AM: No Decision 4 inn 2 hits 0 runs 0 earned 1 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 9 inn 4 hits 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 11Ks

Week 8:
AM: Win 6.2 inn 4 hits 0 runs 0 earned 3 walks 5 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 6 hits 3 run 3 earned 2 walks 2 Ks
Adantage Moore

Week 9:
AM: Win 6.2 inn 5 hits 3 runs 3 earned 3 walks 5Ks
CI: Win 5 inn 7 hits 4 runs 4 earned 2 walks 2Ks

Week 10:
AM: No Decision 6.1 inn 7 hits 2 runs 2 earned 1 walk 4Ks
CI: Loss 9 inn 6 hits 1 run 0 earned 1 walk 3 Ks

Week 11:
AM: Win 7.2 inn 5 hits 0 runs 0 earned 2 walks 1 K
CI: win 7 inn 10 hits 4 runs 2 earned 2 walks 1 K

Week 12:
AM: Win 9 inn 2 hit 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 7 inn 6 hits 3 runs 2 earned 2 walks 5Ks

Week 13:
AM: Win 6 inn 6 hits 2 run 2 earned 2 walk 2 Ks
CI: Win 9 inn 6 hits 0 run 0 earned 1 walk 7 Ks

So I have a 10-3 advantage to Moore

Well, moore picked bad weeks to be exceptional. Irvin chose two.. and got two.
Ok, Check out the stats on Cleavenger. Our middle reliever, Like thorpe last year.. but 8-0, two saves, double the strikeouts of moore, and half the innings pitched. 1.06 era. Freshman.
edited by Riverduck on 5/15/2013
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:12:16 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And we have a reliever who has an 8-0 record. More impressive than moore IMO. And yes he is a freshman.
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:13:39 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
1.06 era 4 earned runs, and 46 ks
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:14:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
So Ophi- you are right Irvin may not be the best freshman in the state, but I would take our two freshman over your one.
edited by Riverduck on 5/15/2013
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:27:29 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
And we have a reliever who has an 8-0 record. More impressive than moore IMO. And yes he is a freshman.

if you have a reliever who is 8-0 then your starting pitching is not doing its job....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:28:47 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Wiper with some 94 mph heat. Freshman.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post