Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » The Duel in the Desert

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/14/2013 7:23:56 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Territorial Cup:
The 2012-13 Territorial Cup hangs in the balance as the two teams split the two non-conference games in Tucson and the winner of the series will win the 2012-13 Territorial Cup. The two teams face each other five times this season and split the two non-conference tilts in Tucson before the three-game Pac-12 series at Packard Stadium this weekend.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Farm_Territorial_Cup_Series

the history...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_Cup

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/15/2013 7:45:47 PM

Rowdy
Rowdy
ASU74 - Good luck my friend! I think the Devils have the advantage here but the CATS are playing for their post season lives. 3-0 or 2-1 will bring up our RPI and a sweep the following week of SC may keep our hopes alive of making the postseason.

Some rivalry fun (BEAR DOWN)

QUESTION: How do you get an ASU graduate off the front porch?

ANSWER: Pay him for the pizza!

I read this in todays paper (lovely)

Drunk ASU Student Aidan Mohr Left At Hospital With Post-It Note A 19-year-old Arizona State University student named Aidan Mohr was left in the lobby of an emergency room by his fraternity brothers Saturday with a post-it note attached to him explaining his drunken condition and asking for help.
Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/15555/20130515/asu-student-aidan-mohr-abandoned-at-hospital-bing-drinking-sigma-alpha-epsilon.htm#fwUimYcIJGHgqqCe.99
0 permalink
5/15/2013 8:12:36 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Rowdy wrote:
ASU74 - Good luck my friend! I think the Devils have the advantage here but the CATS are playing for their post season lives. 3-0 or 2-1 will bring up our RPI and a sweep the following week of SC may keep our hopes alive of making the postseason.

Drunk ASU Student Aidan Mohr Left At Hospital With Post-It Note A 19-year-old Arizona State University student named Aidan Mohr was left in the lobby of an emergency room by his fraternity brothers Saturday with a post-it note attached to him explaining his drunken condition and asking for help.
Read more at http://www.medicaldaily.com/articles/15555/20130515/asu-student-aidan-mohr-abandoned-at-hospital-bing-drinking-sigma-alpha-epsilon.htm#fwUimYcIJGHgqqCe.99

at least they had the decency (and smarts) to take him to the ER, UO students wouldnt have been able to figure that out

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:06:14 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Rowdy wrote:

BBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAADDDD

To pay for school I tended bar at Professor Pudgies Rock Emporium & Dinosaur Shoppe "Pudgies" : (the old Casa Loma)....not only earned my way thru school, but great for a healthy sex life....a bartender benefit. Bob Brunig (MLB Dallas Cowboys) was one of out bouncers.

Power Drinking was (thankfully) not in vogue back then.

Rowdy:
I tossed the glove on the ground for you on another thread:

BeaverBob wrote:

RD and Beaver Nation, I'd like to propose that we have a wager for the upcoming Civil War. If you and others from Beaver Nation think it worthy, the first order of business is to determine the wager parameters and the bet. For example, there are 4 games coming up between the two teams. The most obvious bet is the team that wins the most games is the winner. If the teams tie at 2-2, then we can look at run differential.

Now, regarding the bet. One suggestion is that the loser has to wear clothing with a prominent logo from the winner's team for a full day and have a picture taken and posted to the PG forum. Another option is to have the loser write an essay on why the winner is a superior team and college.

We can also get the non-Beaver State fans involved (If you aren’t aware, the Beaver is the State of Oregon Animal). Perhaps, they can pick a side and be honorary Beavers or Ducks and they will need to suffer the same punishment described above.

What say you? What other suggestions come to mind?

BB
I got no dog in this fight, but I would just go with series win of conference games for simplicity sake or best of 5 if ya want to concede a game.
FYI
I lost the bet you proposed & had to wear a Razorback hat & shirt at the Tempe Regional a few years ago w/ photo sent to winner of said wager. BUT, this year I'm up 1 6 pac of St. Pauli Girl!!

Don't forget the Pac is at war next weekend....except for Utah.....I'll extend the same wager to Rowdy...best of 3 next weekend. Watcha say Rowdy?

FYI:
How many AZ Wildcat jokes are there....................................................................................................................

All the rest are true stories.
lol hit
edited by ASU74 on 5/15/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:09:20 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Rowdy wrote:

awesome.. good to hear about other rivalry stories.
0 permalink
5/15/2013 9:09:57 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
That is some serious drinking. wow.
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:33:37 AM

Rowdy
Rowdy
Ok Sparky...a six pack of St.Pauly Girl works for me. To the victor of the Territorial Cup! After watching the last game in Tucson I was really impressed by the size and power of ASU's batters. Both teams have so-so pitching this year so we will see who's bats get hot.

BEAR DOWN!
0 permalink
5/16/2013 4:03:47 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Rowdy wrote:
Ok Sparky...a six pack of St.Pauly Girl works for me. To the victor of the Territorial Cup! After watching the last game in Tucson I was really impressed by the size and power of ASU's batters. Both teams have so-so pitching this year so we will see who's bats get hot.

BEAR DOWN!

OK Rowdy...I'll take the 6 pk of St Pauli Girl instead of the photo...payment will be in cash....too expensive to ship the suds...lets say $10.00.beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer

The winner of our series will definately be in a better frame of mind than the Oregon Gang

It should be a slugfest since both clubs are having mound issues.
Gooooo Devils...

FYI
No vid that I can find, can you find any feed?.......Sucks Big Suds....Audio & Gametracker...BarfLoo Flush
Toast

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:33:21 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
borgguy wrote:
at least they had the decency (and smarts) to take him to the ER, UO students wouldnt have been able to figure that out

They would have sat there sucking on the bong and wondering when the ObamaCare ambulance would arrive.
Is Obama here yet? No? okay.... Bong
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:38:02 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
borgguy wrote:

They would have sat there sucking on the bong and wondering when the ObamaCare ambulance would arrive.

Wait a minute.. obama made sure to provide OSU with a crappy coach, to make sure they kept losing. He heard that the athletic director likes to sign lifetime contracts to losers. Ha Ha.. Have fun! Ducks hired an underdog. and he is one of the better pac basketball coaches period.
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:39:20 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
ASU74 wrote:
Rowdy wrote:

BEAR DOWN!

OK Rowdy...I'll take the 6 pk of St Pauli Girl instead of the photo...payment will be in cash....too expensive to ship the suds...lets say $10.00.beerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeerbeer

The winner of our series will definately be in a better frame of mind than the Oregon Gang

It should be a slugfest since both clubs are having mound issues.
Gooooo Devils...

FYI
No vid that I can find, can you find any feed?.......Sucks Big Suds....Audio & Gametracker...BarfLoo Flush
Toast
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:42:16 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
The cool thing is who cares about tuesdays games... could be the decider in the shame down contest. I have a one game cushion, could lose the series and still win the bet. smart. Looking at the boyds rpi need, we pretty much need those two wins, and maybe one or two versus the utes, and we are seeded. I would say both Oregon teams are looking good. Pac crown could be the the big one, but IMO the series is what matters, but with national seed.. Making it to that lucky eight is what matters. ASU and AZ really don't have a shot IMO.
edited by Riverduck on 5/16/2013
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:45:41 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
borgguy wrote:

nah.. beavs would drink to much, run to some house, strip naked and practice a 3 point on the cops.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbeaversbeat/2010/08/post_42.html
edited by Riverduck on 5/16/2013
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:49:50 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And hey, the motto of finding a barnyard animal that does not kick seems like a great line at OSU. Classic here. http://blog.oregonlive.com/tailgate/2007/02/ben_siegert_did_not_steal_a_ga.html
0 permalink
5/16/2013 9:54:32 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
and another classic http://stevekornya.blogspot.com/2010/09/naked-linemen-pot-for-cab-fare-and-gay.html
0 permalink
5/16/2013 10:56:49 PM

ASU74
ASU74
"Only in Corvallis. Where men are men, and sheep are nervous. REALLY nervous."

I din't know there was a Corvallis in Oklahoma also!

You guys crack me up............ooppps, better cover that crack.

Whew.....I ain't gay ...........the newsies got it wrong...it is the ewes who need to be nervous.

Well, I ain't takin' any chances. When them OSU kids get liquored up, they don't even bother to check if they are mounting a ram or a ewe.

OSU should not accept any out of state students from OK....they are teaching the OR kids baaaa d stuff.

Thank goodness it seems to only effect football players. Our flock just go nuts for baseball!....Crap, I forgot my cup & gotta go back to the barn.

See ya''ll at the Civil War.....may the best team win....& we ain't the prize!

Yours truly,
Ralph the Ram

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/16/2013 11:27:00 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
classic
0 permalink
5/17/2013 2:19:21 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Rowdy,
A Cat friend of mine sent this to me.....Valley of the Sun Hospitality:
http://pic.twitter.com/de5YGYVWLp

Cool

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/17/2013 8:37:33 PM

ASU74
ASU74
Cats draw 1st blood in the 1st
2-0
edited by ASU74 on 5/17/2013

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
5/17/2013 9:00:32 PM

ASU74
ASU74
8-zip Cats leading T2
WTF

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » The Duel in the Desert