Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CHAT TRANSCRIPT: May 20

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/20/2013 2:52:40 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our weekly chat transcript:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8457

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/20/2013 3:06:30 PM

borgguy
borgguy
you mentioned in the chat that you dont think the committee would give the ACC 4 natl seeds, how much does that help Oregon being right on the bubble for natl seed? or do you think they would dip down to a team with an RPI of 10 or 11?

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/20/2013 4:02:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Borguy.. Looking at the true body of work I think is the whole deal. RPI is huge, which I don't they would jump a 10 to a 8.. I think that the rpi will determine the seeding. Last year Oregon only got 42 wins, I would think it would be hard to turn down a team with 46 or 47 wins on the season IMO.
+1 permalink
5/20/2013 4:26:02 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Riverduck wrote:
Borguy.. Looking at the true body of work I think is the whole deal. RPI is huge, which I don't they would jump a 10 to a 8.. I think that the rpi will determine the seeding. Last year Oregon only got 42 wins, I would think it would be hard to turn down a team with 46 or 47 wins on the season IMO.

I would think so too, but sometimes you never know what the committee is thinking, of course yall still need to take care of business against Utah this weekend, otherwise it is a moot point....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/20/2013 7:01:31 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

I would think so too, but sometimes you never know what the committee is thinking, of course yall still need to take care of business against Utah this weekend, otherwise it is a moot point....

Looks like Kendall has gone a little rogue this last week. I am not defending the way we played last week. Hey we at least won one game vs that buzzsaw of a team OSU. Louisville is sitting at a stealth 14 rpi, and he has them slotted in? So 46 wins is more impressive, then 46 with the schedule we played. Take a look at our isr, and sos. I don't get it.. Lville has a isr of 13, and an sos of 136ish.. The ducks sit right now at 8, 7 for isr, and 3 for strength of schedule. Whatever. I know all of this is just opinion. Really don't know till the projections come out. Hate relying on that, when all they needed to do is win one freaking game for the series. If you want to here some good quotes.. go over to goducks and click videos. Horton has some good one liners in there. Almost better than Casey's IMO. (when talking about their losses..)
edited by Riverduck on 5/20/2013
0 permalink
5/20/2013 8:18:51 PM

borgguy
borgguy
yeah not caring for the projections this week, yeah the beavs are a #4 seed which is great, but yall are matched up with the #5 so if both made it to Omaha we would play first round... dont want that. I want us on opposite sides of the bracket.... so if we need to get on the 2/3/6/7 side since you will likely (assuming the comittee hasnt taken complete leave of their senses) be #8 and be on the 1/4/5/8 side of things....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/20/2013 10:07:54 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Did you see the projections are not up there now?
0 permalink
5/20/2013 10:24:03 PM

borgguy
borgguy
not listed here, but its on the main page....

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » CHAT TRANSCRIPT: May 20