Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Daily postseason snapshot: May 23

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/23/2013 1:43:18 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
With the first full day of conference tournament action in the books, we look at the latest national seeds, regional hosts, plus those teams who helped/hurt their postseason cases.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8480

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/23/2013 9:21:54 AM

borgguy
borgguy
I really dont see the committee giving Louisville a national seed with an RPI of 16, certainly not if they lose again, I still think that Oregon has the inside track at the last national seed so long as they sweep Utah this week. They would have won 46 games with the 3rd toughest schedule. Louisville by comparison has 46 wins against the 132nd toughest schedule.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/23/2013 2:47:53 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
I really dont see the committee giving Louisville a national seed with an RPI of 16, certainly not if they lose again, I still think that Oregon has the inside track at the last national seed so long as they sweep Utah this week. They would have won 46 games with the 3rd toughest schedule. Louisville by comparison has 46 wins against the 132nd toughest schedule.

Borguy.. I am with you.. but you have to know that if we are on the fence, we may be passed up since we did not get it done with the gift last year. Hard saying if we are a better club. Our weakness at catcher is troublesome, and if Thomas is not healthy, we are in trouble, but yeah, I think we should take care of Utah. FSU lost its last two games. Virginia lost. Those things happen. I think we were thrown under the bus.. Only the pac crowd really knows oregon go beat by a very good team that was.. I would hate to say it.. playing there very best ball those last two games.
0 permalink
5/23/2013 2:50:01 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
0 permalink
5/23/2013 6:14:21 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Kendall is there a chance if LSU wins the SEC Tournament and Vanderbilt struggles and goes out early that we could snag the number 1 seed in the tournament.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
5/23/2013 6:24:46 PM

OregonG20
OregonG20
Riverduck wrote:
borgguy wrote:

Borguy.. I am with you.. but you have to know that if we are on the fence, we may be passed up since we did not get it done with the gift last year. Hard saying if we are a better club. Our weakness at catcher is troublesome, and if Thomas is not healthy, we are in trouble, but yeah, I think we should take care of Utah. FSU lost its last two games. Virginia lost. Those things happen. I think we were thrown under the bus.. Only the pac crowd really knows oregon go beat by a very good team that was.. I would hate to say it.. playing there very best ball those last two games.

The Ducks lost season series to CSF, Vanderbilt, ASU, UCLA and OSU. Eventually, if you want to host a regional, you need to show up as one of the best. The Ducks didn't do that. They played a tough schedule, and won a lot of games. If they had beat two of those other ranked teams head to head, they are in for sure. They didn't, so it's tough to put them in as one of the top 8.
0 permalink
5/23/2013 6:59:59 PM

borgguy
borgguy
well louisville just lost to Rutgers and is eliminated from the Big East tourney, so they are out, arent even going to have a top 16 RPI at this point. not even sure louisville gets a regional host, let alone a national seed.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/23/2013 7:09:42 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
OregonG20 wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
borgguy wrote:

The Ducks lost season series to CSF, Vanderbilt, ASU, UCLA and OSU. Eventually, if you want to host a regional, you need to show up as one of the best. The Ducks didn't do that. They played a tough schedule, and won a lot of games. If they had beat two of those other ranked teams head to head, they are in for sure. They didn't, so it's tough to put them in as one of the top 8.

I think because of who they lost to, they very well may get that 8th seeded spot. Had they lost series to Auburn, Washington State or like teams, then the answer would definitely be no way. If things tip right (which it has started with a Louisville loss tonight) and the ducks manage to sweep Utah, then it is a good possibility that Oregon will be seeded.
0 permalink
5/23/2013 7:43:07 PM

borgguy
borgguy
I think the bottom line comes down to if the committee wants to give 4 national seeds to the ACC cuz right now you have UNC, Virginia and Florida State in at the moment, then you have NCState and VaTech also hanging around. (FSU and VaTech are locked in an epic pitchers duel right now in the 7th 0-0)
and VaTech just scored in the b7
beyond that you have Mississippi St, Clemson, Indiana and UCLA, and not sure any of those teams have an impressive enough resume to warrant a top 8 seed, UCLA can at least claim a series win over Oregon, but I still dont think that they jump over them.

of course all of this is dependent upon Oregon taking care of business against Utah
edited by borgguy on 5/23/2013

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/23/2013 7:47:56 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
Kendall is there a chance if LSU wins the SEC Tournament and Vanderbilt struggles and goes out early that we could snag the number 1 seed in the tournament.

I think the only way that happens is if both Virginia and North Carolina struggle in the ACC tourney, and with how NC handled Miami today, not sure that happens... If Vandy struggles I think UNC takes #1 if LSU wins the SEC they may get #2. Remember UNC has the #1 RPI at the moment and LSU is sitting at #5

however before we talk about winning the SEC need to take care of business against Arkansas first....
edited by borgguy on 5/23/2013

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Daily postseason snapshot: May 23