Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » HOST SITES ANNOUNCED

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/26/2013 8:04:14 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Baton Rouge, LA
Blacksburg, VA
Bloomington, IN
Chapel Hill, NC
Charlottesville, VA
Columbia, SC
Corvallis, OR
Eugene, OR
Fullerton, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Louisville, KY
Manhattan, KS
Nashville, TN
Raleigh, NC
Starkville, MS
Tallahassee, FL
edited by LSU_Blake on 5/26/2013

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
5/26/2013 8:06:53 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake wrote:
Baton Rouge, LA
Blacksburg, VA
Bloomington, IN
Chapel Hill, NC
Charlottesville, VA
Columbia, SC
Corvallis, OR
Eugene, OR
Fullerton, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Louisville, KY
Manhattan, KS
Nashville, TN
Raleigh, NC
Starkville, MS
Tallahassee, FL

Teams in the same order as above...

LSU
Virginia Tech
Indiana
North Carolina
Virginia
South Carolina
Oregon State
Oregon
Cal State Fullerton
UCLA
Louisville
Kansas State
Vanderbilt
NC State
Mississippi State
Florida State

--
0 permalink
5/26/2013 8:08:01 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
No Fayettville regional so Arkansas will be heading to one of these sites. Still think they got hosed.

--
0 permalink
5/26/2013 8:11:50 PM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
LSU_Blake wrote:
No Fayettville regional so Arkansas will be heading to one of these sites. Still think they got hosed.

Nah, I'm glad that the committee is sending the message that the entire season counts, not just conference play.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 8:17:00 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I still think they deserve it more than South Carolina. Other than SC I'm not sure since only SC, UCLA, and VT had less than 40 wins out of the teams selected. Even though Arkansas should have got one, overall I think they got it right.

--
0 permalink
5/26/2013 9:48:36 PM

borgguy
borgguy
every year there is at least one team with a legitimate chance at a host that doesnt get it, as there are only so many spots available, Im going to guess that Arkansas gets shipped to Louisville, so not TOO far away as a #2 seed and I think could easily advance out of that region as the Cardinals are limping into post season play

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
5/26/2013 9:51:39 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I agree Borgguy. Arkansas has to be the Top 2 seed or close to it so I could see them going to a host site like that. Do you think they might get shipped to UCLA too.

--
0 permalink
5/26/2013 9:55:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
How about Eugene? It would showcase two excellent pitching teams and two average hitting teams.

LSU_Blake wrote:
I agree Borgguy. Arkansas has to be the Top 2 seed or close to it so I could see them going to a host site like that. Do you think they might get shipped to UCLA too.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 9:57:42 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
It would shock me to see them go there. Especially if Oregon is a Top 8 tomorrow. I will say that a lot of teams that are supposed to win their automatic bids are winning them, which means a lot of quality teams in each regional. Would be cool to see the pitching matchup between them.

--
0 permalink
5/26/2013 10:29:01 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I agree. Just hoping. I can see some great discussion between Hogfan and Rd.

LSU_Blake wrote:
It would shock me to see them go there. Especially if Oregon is a Top 8 tomorrow. I will say that a lot of teams that are supposed to win their automatic bids are winning them, which means a lot of quality teams in each regional. Would be cool to see the pitching matchup between them.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:19:37 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
After the state of the way we played today.. either Horton already knew the results.. or we are really messed up with injuries. Without Thomas at lead off, Healy and Heineman healthy.. we might not even make it as far as our softball team, which was not very far at all. I feel bad for the softball team.. They were like the Beavs.. seeded very high with home filed advantage.. Hopefully the beavs can make it. I am not very excited for show in the AM. Anyway you look at it the ducks are going to have a hard time getting out of their regional..
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:22:54 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
LSU_Blake wrote:

Wondering if the games played were really in consideration for national seeds. I know in the past last minute surges rarely counted, because the results were already in.. Just saying. If that is the case Oregon will be in. I know fitt and kendall think not.. but you never know. Talking todays results.
edited by Riverduck on 5/26/2013
0 permalink
5/27/2013 7:58:23 AM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Riverduck wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

Wondering if the games played were really in consideration for national seeds. I know in the past last minute surges rarely counted, because the results were already in.. Just saying. If that is the case Oregon will be in. I know fitt and kendall think not.. but you never know. Talking todays results.
edited by Riverduck on 5/26/2013

I know Virgnia Tech had that nice surge to get them in. Other than them I think it's pretty much been decided for a couple weeks now. I wouldn't worry too much about Oregon RD. I don't think any of the top 8 teams have been playing great. I'm shocked LSU won yesterday because our bats have been ice cold.

--
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » HOST SITES ANNOUNCED