Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Breaking down the NCAA hosts

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
5/26/2013 8:12:37 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
The NCAA Regional host sites have been announced .... and we accurately predicted all 16 of them.
http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=8509

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
5/26/2013 9:42:07 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Nicely done Kendall. So, can you continue the 100% projections for the top 8 seeds. Top of mind for me is -- will the Ducks receive a national seed? The Beaver in me hopes not. However, a national seed for the Ducks will buoy the Pac 12.

Kendall wrote:
The NCAA Regional host sites have been announced .... and we accurately predicted all 16 of them.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 10:15:39 PM

jellafever
jellafever
Who do you think the Gamecocks get matched up with for a Super Regional?
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:02:20 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, are Stanford and Arizona going to make the field of 64? I can't believe that the SEC will have 8-9 teams, the ACC will have 6-8 teams, but the Pac 12 will only have 4 teams. I see a complete eastcoast bias here.What say you?

Kendall wrote:
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:35:49 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BB- Like I have been saying for some time. The pac is down on talent. And ESPN loves the ACC and SEC.. so there is your answer.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:36:16 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And I would say no and no..
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:38:08 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And BB- the beavs have yet to play a true top 10 team.. so we will see. Ducks have played 4 of em.. and we all know the results.
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:55:36 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
And BB- the beavs have yet to play a true top 10 team.. so we will see. Ducks have played 4 of em.. and we all know the results.

So, RD, you saying the ducks are NOT a top 10 team? Hmmmmmmm. Or are you saying they are not a TRUE top 10 team, they are just a wannabe?
0 permalink
5/26/2013 11:56:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
RD, what do you base your statement on when you say the Pac 12 is down on talent? I have no idea, but I'm not sure I see much difference from previous years. Remember, Arizona won it all last year.

Riverduck wrote:
BB- Like I have been saying for some time. The pac is down on talent. And ESPN loves the ACC and SEC.. so there is your answer.
0 permalink
5/27/2013 1:02:13 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
Riverduck wrote:

So, RD, you saying the ducks are NOT a top 10 team? Hmmmmmmm. Or are you saying they are not a TRUE top 10 team, they are just a wannabe?

Well, I am saying they are probably not a top ten team..
0 permalink
5/27/2013 1:04:49 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
RD, what do you base your statement on when you say the Pac 12 is down on talent? I have no idea, but I'm not sure I see much difference from previous years. Remember, Arizona won it all last year.

Riverduck wrote:

Well, for one all the sweeps for a few teams, and also remember when cal, stanford, ore, beavs wsu, ucla, asu, az where all playing in regionals? That is what I am talking about.
0 permalink
5/27/2013 9:00:18 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
BeaverBob wrote:
Kendall, are Stanford and Arizona going to make the field of 64? I can't believe that the SEC will have 8-9 teams, the ACC will have 6-8 teams, but the Pac 12 will only have 4 teams. I see a complete eastcoast bias here.What say you?

Kendall wrote:

You only have six eligible teams. The last two have RPIs in the 50's and 60's. Tell them to win their games.
0 permalink
5/27/2013 2:12:06 PM

beavos88
beavos88
Riverduck wrote:

BB, RD is downplaying the Beavs conference championship is all (by saying the Pac-12 is having a down year).

It's all politics in the committee. Florida is in? Really. Over Stanford or UCLA? But, hey UC Santa Barbara made it in? Texas A&M a 2 seed? Oregon a national seed? South Carolina gets a bid over NC State?

Wait till Oregon makes a run. He'll sing a different toon.

Obviously, baseball isn't played on the West Coast, right? And to put the UCLA region winner v. Fullerton region winner....well, obviously, there's bias against the West Coast.

It's OK. West Coast takes care of business.
0 permalink
5/27/2013 2:26:12 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Not taking anything away from the beavs title.. just remembering back a few years ago when the whole league had a shot at the CWS regardless of the Pac season. Alot of teams had terrible non season records.. All that has happened is in the past.. just weird not seeing UCLA, AZ, Cal, WSU, Stan not being at the very top of the pile thats all. A run is possible, and if we play things right, yes that would be great. I think we have just as good of shot of making the CWS than the beavs. We just have to play our game and let our pitchers and defense dictate the outcome.
0 permalink
5/28/2013 12:39:10 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
MiamiBaseball wrote:
You only have six eligible teams. The last two have RPIs in the 50's and 60's. Tell them to win their games.

I called them up last winter and told them. "Hey, this is Dodger Matt. Would you guys do us all a favor and win your f%#$&! games?" They wouldn't listen. Now they understand (like most people do...too late) that they should have heeded me. Cry me a river.
+1 permalink
5/28/2013 10:46:06 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Funny.. I bet you made that call to Mattingly this year.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Breaking down the NCAA hosts