Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/15/2013 6:17:51 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverBob wrote:
Riverduck wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:
Man what a great game to kick off the CWS, though it isn't quite the result the beavs wanted.

I am really having a hard time feeling bad for the beavs. I want UCLA to win it all. Just not sure if the Pac is up to it this year.

Sore loser RD. don't you have to fly south for the summer?

Nah.. past that part. Just tired of all the media hype. All they talked about was getting to Omaha. Now what? Baseball is a very cruel sport, and your best shot at making it to the championship series went poof. You could make it, but I really doubt that the depth in your pitching staff is there. You guys have won all year with your big three. Wetzler on Monday with boyd in relief, then throw moore again? Just does not add up to me.
-2 permalink
6/15/2013 6:18:58 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dodger Matt wrote:
All right this is an interesting development, started in the super vs. KSU: Matt Boyd is our go-to guy from the bullpen? Going back to his role last year, but he is the most dependable arm in the pen. I am with it. We need to notch the first two wins. But what happens in game three?

Heard it from Casey today.. he has no confidence in his relievers..
-1 permalink
6/15/2013 6:33:19 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
YellowlabOSU wrote:
Can anyone explain the bunt attempt in the 9th? With 2 strikes. With Conforto up next who they would instantly walk if the bunt was successful anyways. Seemed like a free out to me.

I think they were trying to stay away from the double play.
0 permalink
6/15/2013 6:34:21 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:
All right this is an interesting development, started in the super vs. KSU: Matt Boyd is our go-to guy from the bullpen? Going back to his role last year, but he is the most dependable arm in the pen. I am with it. We need to notch the first two wins. But what happens in game three?

Heard it from Casey today.. he has no confidence in his relievers..

RD,

Your in Omaha? And you talked with Casey? Huh. Musta missed that interview.
0 permalink
6/15/2013 6:43:04 PM

borgguy
borgguy
YellowlabOSU wrote:
Can anyone explain the bunt attempt in the 9th? With 2 strikes. With Conforto up next who they would instantly walk if the bunt was successful anyways. Seemed like a free out to me.

All I can think of was try to bunt for a hit which Andy has done very well this year. Today though he had issues getting the bunts down

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/15/2013 6:55:58 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
It was a great game by both teams, but a couple of bounces went states way and that was the difference. I like that the SEC started with a win but I hate Miss St so I hope you guys make it back. I really wanna play you guys assuming we get there ourselves.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/15/2013 7:15:17 PM

borgguy
borgguy
LSU_Blake wrote:
It was a great game by both teams, but a couple of bounces went states way and that was the difference. I like that the SEC started with a win but I hate Miss St so I hope you guys make it back. I really wanna play you guys assuming we get there ourselves.

As has been the case I think since the husky series on; this team just kind of coasts until they get a wake up call. Did it against UW Oregon WSU they coasted through the regional Kstate woke them up. Then with how they were the prohibitive favorites to win their bracket they just didn't fully come to play today. A day off to regroup and refocus hope Ben can go deep on monday maybe even a CG let Boyd pitch wed then Moore again Friday. We may need a gutsy performance ala Nickerson by someone to get a repeat of 06. But remember 06. That is what coach should be hammering into them all week. Remember 06 remember 06

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/15/2013 7:40:27 PM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
RD is just jealous the step brother university in the South is watching the Beavers on ESPN.
0 permalink
6/15/2013 11:43:45 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
LSU_Blake wrote:

As has been the case I think since the husky series on; this team just kind of coasts until they get a wake up call. Did it against UW Oregon WSU they coasted through the regional Kstate woke them up. Then with how they were the prohibitive favorites to win their bracket they just didn't fully come to play today. A day off to regroup and refocus hope Ben can go deep on monday maybe even a CG let Boyd pitch wed then Moore again Friday. We may need a gutsy performance ala Nickerson by someone to get a repeat of 06. But remember 06. That is what coach should be hammering into them all week. Remember 06 remember 06

What are the odds of that happening again.. 06.. Sorry BG.. not buying it.
-1 permalink
6/15/2013 11:46:28 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I have been eating Oregon state crap all year.. why start believing in them now? lol. It is easy to say.. well, I am rooting for the the team that is in there. No, I am saying that omaha room needs no more trophies.. ever.
-1 permalink
6/15/2013 11:50:27 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
But I am pulling for the underdog. UCLA, the number 3 team out of the pac. Now I would love them to make it to the championship. And win it. Been to the CWS 3 of the last 4 years.. Time to win it this year.
0 permalink
6/15/2013 11:52:30 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
BeaverQuist wrote:
RD is just jealous the step brother university in the South is watching the Beavers on ESPN.

I just can't wait for the reboot after your team eats their hot dogs. Then both OSU and Oregon are on the same path. Now a trophy in the Omaha room, is unacceptable for RD. That would suck big time.
0 permalink
6/15/2013 11:56:19 PM

borgguy
borgguy
I'm not saying that the odds are great RD. What I am saying is that it has been done before and can be done again. It will require someone stepping up big time And I think that if anyone it would be Boyd. It is a long hard road back through the losers bracket. But the beavs have responded well all year the few times their backs were against the wall.

Besides this way we beaver fans get a few more games to watch.

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
6/15/2013 11:59:46 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, BG.. for you guys to win the big one, I am most sure you will have to rely on someone that comes out of his shell. I am predicting Cole Brocker. He has been the heal for years. This could be his time.
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:01:43 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:
I'm not saying that the odds are great RD. What I am saying is that it has been done before and can be done again. It will require someone stepping up big time And I think that if anyone it would be Boyd. It is a long hard road back through the losers bracket. But the beavs have responded well all year the few times their backs were against the wall.

I thought the same in our regional. coming up to the fifth game.. you could tell our pitching staff was done, done, done. So much easier to win the first three. Just ask AZ. They were like you guys. They had just enough arms if things went well.
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:02:05 AM

borgguy
borgguy
The important thing is to go out Monday and take care of business against Louisville then we can worry about things like who to pitch wednesday

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:03:30 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
borgguy wrote:

Yeah, and all the trash I talk.. my team is at home playing golf, for all I know. So yeah, I am jealous even if your team does not find it's stride, but you guys are really streaky. So yeah, can't count you guys out.
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:07:03 AM

borgguy
borgguy
The one thing that plays in our favor is the expanded schedule whith each side of the bracket alternating days. It gives teams an extra day to rest. Dont think it was like that in 06 everyone played on the same days and to go through the losers bracket meant you were playing every night. It could lull the winner into some false security and give a chance for rust to take over because yiu have a four day break from the evening game Monday to the final on Friday.

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:58:28 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
Wow, Great game to start off the CWS. Soon as that ball was hit I thought for sure the Beavers won on a walk off hr. Can't believe it stayed in the park, it didn't look like he could have possibly hit it any better.
0 permalink
6/16/2013 1:31:55 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I have listened to Parker all year . I did not get that impression. Parker knew it was not going out.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State vs Mississippi State (Sat 6/15 12pm)