Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Barbeque time

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/19/2013 1:12:44 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Serious. I wasn't joking. Horton usually picks up immediate impact top tier hs ballers. Always in the top 25. So who's the headliner in the class of 2014 for the ducks? Look. I'm an outsider. I'm stirring the pot. I don't care. I do love baseball and believe or not if the Ducks were in and if the Beavs weren't, I'd be rooting for them. So, hey, dude. this is my outlet. I'm just talking smack from a laptop. I don't care. I'm just egging you. And seriously WHY would I egg you if I didn't respect the Oregon program. Oregon has come out of nowhere. Unbelievable. Didn't care for how the baseball program was established but Ducks are right there. I know you can take it because you're a hardcore duck baseball fan. And for some strange reason this board is full of Beavs. Fight for your right to party, bro. MSU has gamers. LSU, too but they gone. I mean how can you not root for a fellow land grant university bro?
+1 permalink
6/19/2013 1:39:46 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah.. I can count on my hand on the woulda shoulda recruits. Had some top guys that did not pan out. Hey playing for certain coaches does not work out. Some really good recruits.. top whatever classes, age old question.. college or $$. Horton tries to cherry pick the top ones, and he gets em. But the problem is the lure of money is just too strong. Horton is getting better at not going for the gusto.. but he wastes too much time on the top tier recruits imo. Remember Carson Kelly? Some other hot pitchers.. Hell, Sherfy was nobody till he grew into his shoes in corvallis.. I think it is easier for a player to give up the notion and play for a coach like Casey, then Horton. Horton is a huge name, but he is still young for Oregon. Everyone is waiting him to bail for warm weather.. family.. yada yada.. but he is staying put. I will support him as long as he shows up to the park each day, rearing for the ultimate prize. I mean, look at moore.. there is something about growing up, watching a team up north.. (the only team.. lol) win a few CWS. That is huge. Reason why he is what he is IMO. We need a breakthrough year to land the top recruits that want to play college ball, regardless of $$. Sorry about the rant, but recruiting classes mean nothing if you can't keep em in your stable. I am stoked on Cleavenger, Thorpe, Irvin next year. Get some young arms for mid relief, and who knows... sherfy might stay. I doubt it.. but he is a crazy bird... Never know. If he could come back and get another 20 plus wins, his stock would rise. What does he have to lose?
0 permalink
6/19/2013 10:20:15 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Horton is great for UO baseball. Just wondering when he's gonna go. But, in the mean time, he is recruiting the kids from socal and doing a great job. Yes. Cleavenger, Thorpe, and Irvin will be a tough trio to deal with. Irvin, to me, can be a Friday night guy on some other teams. Next might be the year for the Ducks. Definitely got the pitching. Horton always goes big in regards to recruiting. He just needs a couple or a few. He seems to get a great class every year. He is amazing in that respect. Your ducks lose who on the field Altobelli, Healy,.......who else? Is Hambrecht coming back? Wondering if the you guys got a bat via recruiting.
+1 permalink
6/19/2013 1:42:22 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I have not looked to deep into their upcoming roster. .but I will keep you posted.
Oh- and yeah, I will be rooting for the beavs for the rest of the CWS. Would hate to see them lose tonight, because I am staying at my Mother in Law's place, and she has ESPN. Would be nice to at least watch a familiar team. Plus I think the MSU/Beav matchup will be a pretty fun two game series if it goes that far. Would like MSU or OSU versus UCLA. That would be fine by me.
0 permalink
6/20/2013 8:39:11 PM

beavos88
beavos88
No. Don't root for the Beavs. I'm a troll. And, it wouldn't be right since you're a Duck fan. Serious. The Ducks scare the bejesus out of me thus, my trolling. Look. The Ducks dominate in Football on the national scene........like vying for the NC. The $$ making sport. The Ducks are making Oregonians forget about the good old days of Ralph Miller on the hardcourt. The other $$ making college sport. And now? UO is going after baseball? UO is track town USA........what do the Ducks want to take away from OSU after baseball? Women's Gymnastics? C'mon. UO is great sports program on the national scale. All the marketing paid off with great teams. Be proud and fight for your school. I am just part-time troller/Beavs fan.......that's kinda envious of your athletic department. ..............BUT, I'M A BEAV. GO BEAVS! GOOD-BYE.
0 permalink
6/20/2013 9:22:37 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Well, sorry about that. OSU has a stronghold on baseball, and yeah our other programs are pretty good. I liked watching the beavs basketball team with sitton and ortiz.. heck even remember watching a.c green and payton. I am from Oregon, and tend to watch teams that are shown on tv. I get that most people who are from Oregon like OSU baseball, because they have a history of winning, and people like to be associated with winning.. I don't care if you troll, but if you really don't want to be here and engage us, then you can go away. That is cool that you like the beavs, and yeah looking at UCLA as the national champs would be cool.. but heck- Horton recruits people to play against the best, and to become the best. Bingo.. beavs up north are a great target to not be good, but great.
0 permalink
pages: 1 2 3 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Barbeque time