Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Barbeque time

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/15/2013 6:22:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ok who will crank up the the bbq first. Could it be roast beavers come Monday. Come on Pac 12 champs... REPRESENT!
-1 permalink
6/18/2013 6:14:43 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
beavos,

As the only duckling in the midst of Beavs fans, RD catches more than a fair share of flack over the year, yet he still is a good egg and contributes.

In most sports there is a fine line between good sportsmanship and bad, sometimes the line is pretty wide, sometimes it is kinda blurred. You're pretty much crossing all those lines. Yeah, okay. We get it. You don't like the ducks. I'm not a real huge duck fan either. But you're starting to sound like one of those rivals flamers with nothing constructive to contribute to a thread. If it is like you posted earlier, "this site blows", then why stick around? Find some class, beavos.
+3 permalink
6/18/2013 6:08:47 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
beavos88 wrote:
ah, RD it's cool. this site blows anyways. fight hard for your love of mickeygillisgill and his fighting chad flacks.......and your duckies.......who suck.......and for the life of me i don't know the duck 1B.......it happens when a college team is not relevant.

Do you have a purpose here other that to troll? I can't see that you are contributing much here other than be a flamer. While I abhor the duckies as much as the next Beavers fan, at least offer something other than they suck...who the heck is 1B...yada yada yada. If you can't and you think "this site blows" go on back to rivals where people like you like to show their true colors.
+2 permalink
6/18/2013 9:59:42 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Dude.. have you ever been on a baseball team? These guys are putting their heart and soul into a sport they deeply care about. It is not always about the wins and losses. I like to tell my kids that it is easy to succeed and win, but failure truly defines who you are, how you pick yourself up and be better. As long as you don't make the same mistakes twice.. I am cool. I am sorry that the ducks started a baseball program. I understand having the state to yourself is a beaver thing. Yeah, you guys are studs, national champs, but remember their is always someone beating down the door, chomping at your heels, wanting it more. Enjoy your team this year, yeah, they are a special group of kids, but remember.. just because they are winning.. does not put them or the fans above another person or team. Just saying. Anyway.. the CWS is yours to win if you guys dig down deep and get the job done. Most fans, would walk after their team loses.. but for me- I enjoy the competition and camaraderie that the CWS brings. MSU has some characters on their team.. I like the way they are playing and their swagger. I don't know. And UCLA is playing lights out right now.. The one problem I am facing is college baseball will soon be over.. then we have to wait a long long time to talk ball. So cheers beavos88 You can talk all the trash you want, but remember- your team is in the cws, and I have, for the most part been supportive, and listened to everyone here. Could you stand having a forum where everyone agrees? Not me.. That is why I continue to post here. Later.
+1 permalink
6/19/2013 1:12:44 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Serious. I wasn't joking. Horton usually picks up immediate impact top tier hs ballers. Always in the top 25. So who's the headliner in the class of 2014 for the ducks? Look. I'm an outsider. I'm stirring the pot. I don't care. I do love baseball and believe or not if the Ducks were in and if the Beavs weren't, I'd be rooting for them. So, hey, dude. this is my outlet. I'm just talking smack from a laptop. I don't care. I'm just egging you. And seriously WHY would I egg you if I didn't respect the Oregon program. Oregon has come out of nowhere. Unbelievable. Didn't care for how the baseball program was established but Ducks are right there. I know you can take it because you're a hardcore duck baseball fan. And for some strange reason this board is full of Beavs. Fight for your right to party, bro. MSU has gamers. LSU, too but they gone. I mean how can you not root for a fellow land grant university bro?
+1 permalink
6/19/2013 10:20:15 AM

beavos88
beavos88
Horton is great for UO baseball. Just wondering when he's gonna go. But, in the mean time, he is recruiting the kids from socal and doing a great job. Yes. Cleavenger, Thorpe, and Irvin will be a tough trio to deal with. Irvin, to me, can be a Friday night guy on some other teams. Next might be the year for the Ducks. Definitely got the pitching. Horton always goes big in regards to recruiting. He just needs a couple or a few. He seems to get a great class every year. He is amazing in that respect. Your ducks lose who on the field Altobelli, Healy,.......who else? Is Hambrecht coming back? Wondering if the you guys got a bat via recruiting.
+1 permalink
6/15/2013 6:35:58 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
We've been here before (06). Casey knows how to get to the finals. Our problem is what it has been in the later part of the season.....leaving too many runners on base.
+1 permalink
6/15/2013 7:41:35 PM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
Somebody has to represent the Pac-12 since Oregon couldn't even make it out of their easy regional at home.
+1 permalink
6/15/2013 10:59:24 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm looking forward to the opportunity to watch more Beaver baseball now.
Dodger Matt wrote:
Another pet peeve: People who spell barbecue like it's a French word (barbéque). It's not a bar-BECK; it's a BAR-buh-KYEW. And there's no "Q" in barbecue.

The first t crank up the "Q" in the Pac was the Oregon Peking Ducks. If any team in this CWS is built to survive the loser's bracket, it's Oregon State. While I didn't want to come through in this manner, I still feel pretty good about our chances of doing so.
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Barbeque time