Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State Pitching Rotation

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/15/2013 11:50:44 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
With Boyd coming in as a relief pitcher (scratches head wondering why Boyd is a relief pitcher now), who enters the rotation as the third starter? Child? Who has been cold, hot, cold, cold, hot......Fry? Who has only pitched a couple innings this year. I GOT IT!!!! Brocker!!! Who has pitched 11.2 innings this year? Schultz? Maybe Englbrekt, but isn't he coming off an injury last week? Are they going to try a MSU rotation?

This is very confusing to dump the rotation that got the Beavs to Omaha on it's head in Omaha? Any guesses or knowledge from the peanut gallery on the whys and wherefores of this change?
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:22:44 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Flipping the brackets didn't help. We were supposed to play Sunday but with UNC not finishing till Tuesday it messed everything up. Casey said that he wanted to go with Boyd for this game when it was going to be tomorrow. I think if Ben can go deep into mondays game and with enough cushion you don't feel like you need to bring Boyd in for relief then he can go Wednesday Moore Friday then Wetzler again on 5 days rest or pitch by committee on saturday. and honestly I think casey has lost almost all faith in his pen

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:23:31 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
FB- I hear your confusion, but you should stick by your coach. If you look at the spread of games, it is not like a regional. You guys started on friday, and get the best shake, when it comes to rebooting your pitchers. If you guys win on monday, moore will pitch again, and if Moore wins, Boyd and Wetzler will be ready. You guys just need to score more than five or six runs a game, and you will be fine.
+1 permalink
6/16/2013 12:24:24 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
And yeah that pains me to say it.. but you guys could be just fine.
+1 permalink
6/16/2013 12:25:47 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Heck, I know your team as well as I know the Ducks... and I would not count them out. They are the #3 seed.
+1 permalink
6/16/2013 12:29:38 AM

borgguy
borgguy
Three quick upvotes for RD

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
6/16/2013 12:30:50 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, that duck pond is good stuff.