Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Congratulations UCLA, 2013 National Champions!

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/25/2013 10:24:13 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Congratulations UCLA, way to represent the PAC-12!
0 permalink
6/26/2013 12:12:28 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Great performance.

As for MSU, well, I've never been a big fan. Not that I dislike them, even though they are SEC and I don't care for that purplish maroon. ;-) And I definitely wanted UCLA to win. HOWEVER....

When I heard that they have ZERO national championships--compared to the Golden Boy Bruins with over 100--I felt really bad for their fans. And those kids sat in their dugout and watched with stoic faces while the Bruins dogpiled, not like a few teams over the years I've seen cover their faces and shed a few tears. I feel bad for both types of teams. But these Bulldog kids really earned my respect right then and there. I almost wished they could have won, or showed a little better in the last two games.

If they ever move out of the SEC, I'll root for them to get their first NC.

Great season, Bulldogs. I think you surpassed expectations and have a lot to be congratulated for.

Now where is that 2014 season?
0 permalink
6/26/2013 12:57:26 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Did not watch these last two games.. I was shocked that their bats just did not take off like their prior 3 games. Not that UCLA pitching was any better than the beavs.. just the bruins were ultra consistent. They played like that all year. Props to the number 3 team in the pac.. National Champs! Wow. Would never have thought this years team would eclipse the dominant one two punch a few years ago. I think Kendall called the team a way back when.. we all where saying what? where? I guess the Bruins, the Pac12, and Kendall are having the last laugh. Anyway.. great year. Hope to see and hear from you all in the flip side.
0 permalink
6/26/2013 12:58:07 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Ok.. yeah way better than the beavs in the CWS. But prior to that.. no.
0 permalink
6/26/2013 1:02:18 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
I love the dogpile at the end.. Player with a triumphant fist to the sky. Sweet. Here is to 14. I we can hope for is our team in that same spot.. next year. http://photos.oregonlive.com/photo-essay/2013/06/ucla_clinches_2013_college_wor.html#incart_river_default
0 permalink
6/26/2013 1:41:46 AM

ASU74
ASU74
......and MostUnknown had not shown up all year...the year his team takes home the Hardware. Congrads UCLA...ya made the Pac Proud.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/26/2013 3:42:37 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah...they played like that all year....except when the Beavs swept them in their series at UCLA.

Riverduck wrote:
Did not watch these last two games.. I was shocked that their bats just did not take off like their prior 3 games. Not that UCLA pitching was any better than the beavs.. just the bruins were ultra consistent. They played like that all year. Props to the number 3 team in the pac.. National Champs! Wow. Would never have thought this years team would eclipse the dominant one two punch a few years ago. I think Kendall called the team a way back when.. we all where saying what? where? I guess the Bruins, the Pac12, and Kendall are having the last laugh. Anyway.. great year. Hope to see and hear from you all in the flip side.
0 permalink
6/26/2013 3:44:06 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Riverduck wrote:
I love the dogpile at the end.. Player with a triumphant fist to the sky. Sweet. Here is to 14. I we can hope for is our team in that same spot.. next year. http://photos.oregonlive.com/photo-essay/2013/06/ucla_clinches_2013_college_wor.html#incart_river_default

Yep it will be our team next year. THE premiere Oregon baseball team.
0 permalink
6/26/2013 3:16:01 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
Congrats to UCLA and Miss St. I actually thought prior to the finals that UCLA had actually won a title or two. Sucks that one of them had to lose but such is competitive sports. Now that its over, time to turn our attention to 2014 and start our campaign for National Title #7

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Congratulations UCLA, 2013 National Champions!