Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Polls

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.

Polls

Polls as they are:0
Start polls 30 days into the season:2
Start polls after 1st week of conference play:1
Other:1
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/27/2013 10:35:50 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Given that pre-season & early season polls are at best educated guesses because no one knows how teams will come together....and of course they create lively discussions on boards like this...why X team is ranked higher that Y team. What do you all think of NOT having any polls till 30 days into the season, or 1 week into conference play?

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/27/2013 7:25:45 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I don't have an issue with preseason polls. My biggest complaint is with the pollsters, most of whom refuse to make adjustments even when it is obvious to everyone watching that a highly ranked team in a preseason poll sucks and should be dropped, and keep said sucky overrated team in the top ten for WAY too long because they "haven't lost a couple of series in a row yet" or some other such nonsense. Polls should be more fluid ESPECIALLY in the first month.
0 permalink
6/28/2013 11:23:57 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
When does conference play generally start, before or after the 30 days? I'm blanking on how it usually works.
0 permalink
6/28/2013 2:26:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Around the fifth week, I think.
0 permalink
6/28/2013 4:02:50 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
As long as there is media, there will be preseason polls. I like the preseason polls though. Even as the season goes along it makes for interesting talk on how teams were ranked low or high and how the fell off or rose up. An example is Arkansas. Not to pick on them but they were number one to start last year and look where they ended up. A lot of people can use this example to justify not having the preseason polls, but it sure did make for some interesting talk as they didn't live up to the hype. Regardless, I love the preseason polls.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post