Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 2013 CBB Attendance Figures

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
6/28/2013 8:04:01 PM

LSU_Blake
LSU_Blake
I'm not one on hyping LSU up too much on here, but I saw a cool stat that I thought I would share. For the 18th year in a row, LSU has led the country in attendance for the season. We also set an NCAA record this year with a total attendance figure of 473,298 in 43 games at Alex Box Stadium. That is also almost 200,000 greater than 2nd place Mississippi State, who had a total figure of 281,840.

One thing that troubled me though is that there was only one PAC-12 school in the Top 20, with Arizona ranking at 16th with almost 100,000 fans in attendance this year. Just shocking to me that the PAC doesn't draw big crowds because that is a good brand of baseball played out there and I enjoy watching all the teams every chance I get.

--
91' 93' 96' 97' 00' 09' NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
0 permalink
6/28/2013 9:52:47 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Oregon State and more recently Oregon have been drawing very good crowds for a decade or more. Not SEC level attendance, but when compared to California schools, incredibly high. When you consider the weather and the fact that Corvallis is far away from a big metropolis (Eugene is big enough to be considered its own metropolis), these two are exemplary.
0 permalink
6/29/2013 9:39:58 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Dodger Matt wrote:
Oregon State and more recently Oregon have been drawing very good crowds for a decade or more. Not SEC level attendance, but when compared to California schools, incredibly high. When you consider the weather and the fact that Corvallis is far away from a big metropolis (Eugene is big enough to be considered its own metropolis), these two are exemplary.

Additionaly, most Pac teams are in VERY competative sports markets.....compared to lets say Louisiana or Arkansas. However, kudos to schools like Arkansas who have such additional attractions such as the Diamond Girls...and as I understand it some/most of the other SEC teams really try to enhance the game expierence as the Razorbacks do whereas the Pac schools I have been to do not.

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
6/29/2013 11:13:22 AM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
ASU74 wrote:
Dodger Matt wrote:

Additionaly, most Pac teams are in VERY competative sports markets.....compared to lets say Louisiana or Arkansas. However, kudos to schools like Arkansas who have such additional attractions such as the Diamond Girls...and as I understand it some/most of the other SEC teams really try to enhance the game expierence as the Razorbacks do whereas the Pac schools I have been to do not.

I wonder too, how much drive time to the ball field plays in attendance. I have season tickets and live 90 minutes away from OSU. I catch 60 to 70% of the home games, but really don't like to drive back and forth for each game. I'll often make it a weekend and just stay in Corvallis.

With the traffic congestion and spraul in the LA area, I imagine it is a nightmare trying to get to ball games, especially on a Friday night.
0 permalink
6/30/2013 1:58:10 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
It's also worth knowing the quantity of home games played, for example, Oregon State played 11 less home games than LSU...
0 permalink
7/1/2013 10:12:48 AM

Hedegoba88
Hedegoba88
OpihiMan wrote:
It's also worth knowing the quantity of home games played, for example, Oregon State played 11 less home games than LSU...

Yea, LSU did have a lot more home games than everyone else. But they are still way ahead of everyone if you reduce the home games played and multiple it with the average.

I couldn't find the official NCAA attendance yet for this year but this Link is from the LSU website: http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=208527960

I think it is also worth noting that these figures are paid attendance, which I think is what everybody reports. LSU doesn't have 11,006 fans at every game, although the average actual attendance is probably higher than everyone else as well. LSU does record actual attendance for every home game but I can't find the average actual per game on their website. I will try to find it, but I don't have the patience to go and look at each box score for all 43 home games.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » 2013 CBB Attendance Figures