Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Nate Yeskie Named Top Pitching Coach In '13

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
11/18/2013 8:51:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Posts: 2423
What will the Yeskie-haters say about this?

Nate Yeskie Named Top Pitching Coach In '13
0 permalink
11/18/2013 9:48:11 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Fire him......what else WOULD we say?
+2 permalink
11/19/2013 5:37:34 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Posts: 1459
Must be the same people that voted for Obama and Obama Care!

It's amazing how how well the OSU pitching staff pitched inspite of Yeskie.
edited by BeaverBob on 11/19/2013
0 permalink
12/10/2013 12:38:23 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
Still don't like him... Yeskie said. “This really, though, is something that should go to the pitchers on the staff last season" The award says more about our players than Yeskie.
0 permalink
12/11/2013 3:07:26 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Opihi.....nice to see you here. Yeah, Yeskie riding on the coattails of the pitchers. What can ya say beside "FIRE HIM." lol

Dam, I am getting excited. Baseball season is 2 months away!

GO BEAVS!!!! 2014 CWS Champs!
+2 permalink
12/11/2013 4:00:40 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
Thanks FB. Looking forward to Baseball! Though our preseason schedule is quite disappointing (at home)...probably the only thing that will prevent me from buying season tickets.
0 permalink
12/21/2013 3:19:52 PM

borgguy
borgguy
Posts: 611
OpihiMan wrote:
Still don't like him... Yeskie said. “This really, though, is something that should go to the pitchers on the staff last season" The award says more about our players than Yeskie.



more or less what I was thinking, when you have Matt Boyd, Andrew Moore and Ben Wetzler, NOT winning that award would be nearly impossible

--
GO BEAVS!
0 permalink
12/21/2013 6:13:26 PM

BeaverQuist
BeaverQuist
Posts: 112
I'm sure the Yeskie haters are also Riley haters.

Every school has their share of fans who love to hate.

Fact is, Yeskie is a fantastic pitching coach and the track record proves it.
0 permalink
12/28/2013 7:29:57 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Posts: 1111
Actually, I'm quite the opposite of a Riley hater. The man is an amazing guy...at times I think he is too nice if anything. He probably needs to reshuffle his staff (like get rid of Banker) but I've been a Riley supporter and fan for awhile.

Nate Yeskie is a drunk douche-bag who morally reflects poorly on our athletic program and university. On a baseball note I think he doesn't manage games very well by yanking pitchers 4 batters too late and pulling pitchers before they've even been given a chance.

My hatred for Nate Yeskie (which is my opinion) has my own justification...I don't just hate to hate.


BeaverQuist wrote:
I'm sure the Yeskie haters are also Riley haters.

Every school has their share of fans who love to hate.

Fact is, Yeskie is a fantastic pitching coach and the track record proves it.
0 permalink
12/30/2013 7:43:43 AM

ASU74
ASU74
Posts: 1039
OpihiMan wrote:
Actually, I'm quite the opposite of a Riley hater. The man is an amazing guy...at times I think he is too nice if anything. He probably needs to reshuffle his staff (like get rid of Banker) but I've been a Riley supporter and fan for awhile.

Nate Yeskie is a drunk douche-bag who morally reflects poorly on our athletic program and university. On a baseball note I think he doesn't manage games very well by yanking pitchers 4 batters too late and pulling pitchers before they've even been given a chance.

My hatred for Nate Yeskie (which is my opinion) has my own justification...I don't just hate to hate.


BeaverQuist wrote:
I'm sure the Yeskie haters are also Riley haters.

Every school has their share of fans who love to hate.

Fact is, Yeskie is a fantastic pitching coach and the track record proves it.


OpihiMan:
Please don't hold back or sugarcoat it...tell us what you REALLY think of Nate Yeskie!

--
Go Devils !!
Fork Off
0 permalink
12/30/2013 4:30:00 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Posts: 1216
Sorry BQ,

You're way off base on that one. Riley recruited the players that got us out of that 28 year losing slump and was the main person responsible for the 2002 BCS bowl stomping of Notre Dame. While of late he has not been putting up great season numbers, I'll take Mike Riley over the majority of college level coaches out there.

My opinion on Nate Yeskie is pretty close to Opihi's feelings. Nate Yeskie should have been fired after the drunk debacle 2 years ago. It was a source of embarrassment to the team and to the University and he was allowed to plead the charge down. Wanna bet it was because of who he was employed by? He makes bone-headed calls at the most inopportune moments. It is not his skill, but that of the pitchers, in spite of Nate Yeskie, that has gotten us the track record. He is an incompetent boob that sometimes, every once in a while, royally screws up and makes the correct call.

BeaverQuist wrote:
I'm sure the Yeskie haters are also Riley haters.

Every school has their share of fans who love to hate.

Fact is, Yeskie is a fantastic pitching coach and the track record proves it.
+1 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Nate Yeskie Named Top Pitching Coach In '13





Powered by AspNetForum 6.9.9.0 © 2006-2010 Jitbit Software