Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » My overview of the Ben Wetzler situation

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
| you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2014 9:17:19 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's my overview and inside look at Oregon State's Ben Wetzler being suspended 11 games for allegedly breaking the NCAA's agent-advisor rule. A lot of reaction here, plus thoughts:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=9470

#OregonState #Beavers #Beavs #Pac12 #MLBDraft

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/22/2014 1:14:54 PM

borgguy
borgguy
the rule needs to change. as long as he did not accept any money, he should be in the clear. It could have been a lot worse, and he will be back in time for next weekends games, although if he was intended to be the Friday starter, not sure I would want to start him on Sunday as that would throw off his schedule.
if a kid decides to go back to school to get his degree and stay for his senior season then he should be rewarded instead of punished

--
GO BEAVS!
+1 permalink
2/24/2014 8:55:43 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Let me guess? The Phillies won't be drafting him this summer. I feel sorry for the young man in some ways, and don't in other ways. Several college pitchers have tested these waters in a similar situation the last couple of years, and they have been ruled ineligible for the season. He is lucky imo, could have been much worse. Hope Wetzler goes out and smokes the remainder of the schedule and can give the finger to the Phils in July.
edited by Carolina Mike on 2/24/2014

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
+1 permalink
2/25/2014 8:22:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
I hope he smokes it too, but then again I am biased. He's got a fierce competitive spirit, and this could very well do it.

And by the way, phuck the Phillies. Bush league azzholes, if you ask me, for what they did to Wetzler and Monda.
+1 permalink
| you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » My overview of the Ben Wetzler situation