Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks Ranking

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/23/2014 7:24:18 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, two weeks in, but I can see them jumping to 6. Thinking Beavs will drop to 4 or 5. Can't believe how the ducks have played, just well enough to beat their opponent. I like to think that teams will not feel safe, till they get that last out of the ball game. Horton's clubs have continuously gotten better, and the slew of freshman bats has given me more optimism of late. I know pre season does not mean much, but when you run the table early, and hold on strong, can be the difference of a 40 win season, and a 45+ win season. Ducks have the best record/most wins in D1 baseball.
edited by Riverduck on 2/23/2014
0 permalink
2/24/2014 12:23:48 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Well, the Duck's season from 2013 continues into this year. Getting that barely winning run and hanging on for dear life. That edge is right there and, as the Beavs can attest, falling off that edge is real easy. But...good start for the ugly ducklings and I hope you can continue to hold on so that there will be 2 Oregon teams in post season.
0 permalink
2/24/2014 12:38:46 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Thanks FB. Ducks are not afraid to be losing in the 8th to inferior teams. Just hope they keep that up.
0 permalink
2/24/2014 12:40:05 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
The funny thing is, I am thinking more often than not, that Horton has a formula. Look at Sherfy. He made him into a stud closer. Reed.. a closer? This year he is, and he seems to be just as effective as the Sherf.
0 permalink
2/24/2014 9:37:53 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Horton has it going on this year and the Ducks are rolling, but Mercer has the most wins in D1 ball to date @ 8-0. There are 8 other teams tied with the Ducks at present with 7-0 records.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
2/25/2014 2:59:16 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah.. I posted that when it happened. There where a few teams that still had some games to play. Should have just said top 25, since those where what I was checking. Sorry.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Ducks Ranking