Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Who's YOUR surprise of the year so far?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/7/2014 10:35:22 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
For me, after watching a couple of their games earlier this season, and seeing where they are now -- it's Washington for me, without a doubt.

Everyone else?

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/7/2014 12:52:00 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Kendall, I agree with Washington. I enjoyed watching the entire series with Oregon this weekend. It was great seeing them come from 2 down in the 10th to beat the Ducks on Sunday. The Ducks are going to be hurting if their rookie pitcher, Kruik, has serious arm issues.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/7/2014
0 permalink
4/7/2014 3:29:02 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Washington without a doubt, it's really really cool to see 3 of the 4 Pacific Northwest schools leading (arguably) the deepest conference in the nation.

I feel it's a credit to what Pat Casey has done at Oregon State, opening the floodgates for good recruits to stay at home in the PacNW and allow good out of state players to come in as well.

This area, for a long time, was void of respect from the baseball community due to geographic weather limitations, lack of competitiveness, and facilities. You look at the UW Huskies new ballpark and the pond chicken's PK Park in Eugene, some of the best stadiums in the nation (if you aren't judging just on crowd size).
0 permalink
4/7/2014 3:29:06 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm curious to see what happens with ULL, they have probably the easiest schedule from here on out, and it seems like their notable wins against respectable teams from respectable conferences were midweek games against the #4 and #5 pitchers from those teams. Yet everyone is really high on their, in my opinon, offense which hasn't faced legit pitching. Will they just back into a national seed despite their weak schedule (are they the Men's Basketball Witchita State of College Baseball?). FYI they are currently #151 on strength of schedule.
0 permalink
4/7/2014 8:02:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
UW is obvious. Two other (western) teams I would throw into that mix: Cal Poly and UCSB.
0 permalink
4/7/2014 8:42:33 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
UCSB was pretty good last year if I remember right. They were in the beavs regional I think.
0 permalink
4/8/2014 1:54:47 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Cal Poly was a team we had ranked to start the season, albeit in the 18-25 range ... no question, though, CP is much much more elite than any of us thought it would be at this point.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Who's YOUR surprise of the year so far?