Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/12/2014 6:20:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I'm been listing to Parker and he was chuckling at the "weak-hearted fans." He did say this was the largest crowd he has ever seen at WSU, over 3,100.

He also has been reflecting on prior games in the Paloose including a 22 to 21 Beaver win back in the early 2000's.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, Bob. We are thinking/seeing the same things. Well, they did just say it's mom's weekend or something, and they probably have a lot more people on campus who are not typical fans. So a little water dissuades them from watching a losing game.
+1 permalink
4/12/2014 6:23:08 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Given the Beaver's lead, I'm glad he left Moore in the game to see if he could work his way out of the jam. If it was a one or two-run game, I would have brought Reser in earlier.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Why wasn't Morrison right there? That ball was an easy grounder right where the shortstop should be standing.

Did Yeskie blow it again leaving Moore out there one batter too many? A 4-for-4 day for Tanielu. I probably would have lifted Andrew, unless I wanted him to work through something. Still, at 8-5, it is most likely survivable.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/12/2014
0 permalink
4/12/2014 6:32:26 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Peterson just can't seem to get a break as of late.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/12/2014
0 permalink
4/12/2014 6:43:01 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A correction to my earlier attendance. Parker just said the attendance was 3,363. Pretty good for the Cougs.

BeaverBob wrote:
I'm been listing to Parker and he was chuckling at the "weak-hearted fans." He did say this was the largest crowd he has ever seen at WSU, over 3,100.

He also has been reflecting on prior games in the Paloose including a 22 to 21 Beaver win back in the early 2000's.

Dodger Matt wrote:
Ha, Bob. We are thinking/seeing the same things. Well, they did just say it's mom's weekend or something, and they probably have a lot more people on campus who are not typical fans. So a little water dissuades them from watching a losing game.
0 permalink
4/12/2014 7:09:13 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Wikipedia on Pullman, WA: Originally incorporated as Three Forks, the city was later renamed after George Pullman. Pullman, on the Palouse, is best known as the home of Washington State University, a four-campus land-grant university, and of Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, an international firm in the power industry. Eight miles (13 km) east of Pullman is Moscow, Idaho, home of the University of Idaho, also a land-grant institution.

In 1884, Dan McKenzie and Charles Moore (of Moscow, Idaho) replatted the site and named it for George Pullman of the Pullman Car Company, who was transforming long distance travel with his railroad sleeper cars.
0 permalink
4/12/2014 7:25:35 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Reser allows one hit over three innings of relief. WAAAY better than yesterday's basezonballzapaloosa.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 1:16:44 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
A correction to my earlier attendance. Parker just said the attendance was 3,363. Pretty good for the Cougs.

Didn't see this message for some reason, but I as going to comment on it myself when I read the attendance in the Rave Report.
    Start: 2:00pm Time: 3:22 Attendance: 3362
    Weather: 60 Degrees, Sunny
That's a darn good number for Pullman. They had 1621 for Friday night's game, and I thought that was good. I'm guessing they won't reach 3000 tomorrow, but it should still be a good crowd. Hey, baseball in the Evergreen Apple state is exciting this year.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 1:05:46 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What really amazes me is the number of quality baseball players that come from Washington high schools. With the exception of the Ducks who I think have just a few State of Washington players on their team, the Beavs, Dogs, and Cougs are doing well with NW players.

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

Didn't see this message for some reason, but I as going to comment on it myself when I read the attendance in the Rave Report.
    Start: 2:00pm Time: 3:22 Attendance: 3362
    Weather: 60 Degrees, Sunny
That's a darn good number for Pullman. They had 1621 for Friday night's game, and I thought that was good. I'm guessing they won't reach 3000 tomorrow, but it should still be a good crowd. Hey, baseball in the Evergreen Apple state is exciting this year.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 2:19:04 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
What a crappy call off for Peterson to make.

I swear, I heard Yeskie shouting Davis to stop and for Peterson to catch it.
edited by Florida Beaver on 4/13/2014
0 permalink
4/13/2014 2:31:00 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BULLCRAP!!!!!! He was out by a good foot on that throw from Ice
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:02:40 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Can someone please explain to me the Jerad Casper for Kavin Keyes substituion in the middle of a defensive inning?
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:14:16 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Jerad Casper was 100% off the base...what an idiot, they keep doing that. Doesn't need to get cute and pull their feet off the bag as quick as possible...
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:14:35 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Casper was on the bag. We'll see the replay tonight, I'm sure. But he had the ball with the foot on the bag.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:15:21 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Got my answer, Keyes is hurt...Wazzu trainer is looking at him.

OpihiMan wrote:
Can someone please explain to me the Jerad Casper for Kavin Keyes substituion in the middle of a defensive inning?
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:17:14 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:18:13 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
TAN-ee-AY-loo.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:20:31 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Okay, well, I'll have to see it again on replay. Looked like he was in motion with the ball still on the way, which can influence one's impression, but it looked like it was in his glove before he pulled the foot.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:26:01 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he had his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.

edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:26:16 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah, I think it's stupid the game the first basemen's play nowadays of "how quickly can I get my foot off the bag after catching the ball". Typically I just think its unnecessary but don't necessarily think the baserunner is safe. That time it seemed to be apparent to me, I just don't understand the necessity? If you are a good first baseman you should already be setting up with a minimal footprint on the bag and should not worry about getting stepped on.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:28:31 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Wow, are you being hand fed grapes and being fanned by young beauties?

BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he has his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 3 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs