Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/13/2014 3:32:08 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Watching the infielders body language while the new pitcher was warming up says they are not thrilled with the new pitcher. Good for the Beavs.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:38:11 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I really DO NOT LIKE these umpires in today's game. They are making very questionable calls. IMO
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:41:19 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Catch of the day!
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:44:23 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Florida Beaver wrote:
Catch of the day!

Ding ding ding!

Yeah, that first baseman stretch was more questionable IMO than Casper's incident.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:45:38 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Great idea OM. There are actually some attractive young ladies a bit down stream from me having a picnic. I'm just not sure I can get my wife to agree.

OpihiMan wrote:
Wow, are you being hand fed grapes and being fanned by young beauties?

BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he has his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.
+1 permalink
4/13/2014 3:47:27 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
FB, I'm now have this desire for some BBQ salmon.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/13/2014
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:49:57 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
BB, as long as she is the one feeding you grapes, I don't see why your wife would have an issue with you being fanned by young beautiful women as long as she is getting some of the breeze.

BeaverBob wrote:
Great idea OM. There are actually some attractive young ladies a bit down stream from me having a picnic. I'm just not sure I can get my wife to agree.

OpihiMan wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:
I didn't see the play as I have been watching Master's Golf and listening to the game on radio. What a beautiful day in Oregon. I'm down by the Clackamas River, sitting at a picnic table, working on a project for work, sipping on a little wine, and drinking some good coffee. Parker seemed to think he has his foot on the base.

OpihiMan wrote:
I saw the play, he was a good 6" off the bag. It was obvious enough that I thought he was safe before the ump called it. Just stupid.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:53:34 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
The trick is making it "her" idea.

BeaverBob wrote:

OpihiMan wrote:
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:53:52 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
FSU lost their series against Ga. Tech and little usc looks like they may lose their series to UF. May move the Beavs up a couple spots if we can hang on today.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 3:58:47 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
My wife wanted to know why I was smiling. I told her about your idea. She is actually daring me to invite the young ladies over. Knowing her like I do, I think she realizes my days of attracting any young women have come and gone.

Florida Beaver wrote:
BB, as long as she is the one feeding you grapes, I don't see why your wife would have an issue with you being fanned by young beautiful women as long as she is getting some of the breeze.

BeaverBob wrote:

OpihiMan wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:

OpihiMan wrote:
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:02:33 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Waving several Grants in the air is usually a good way to entice young beauties...or so I have heard from some of my younger co-workers. But then again, waving money in the air at a strip joint is a gimme anyways......or so I have heard. Some Beavers are attracted to the smell and sight of $$$$$.

BeaverBob wrote:
My wife wanted to know why I was smiling. I told her about your idea. She is actually daring me to invite the young ladies over. Knowing her like I do, I think she realizes my days of attracting any young women have come and gone.

Florida Beaver wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:

OpihiMan wrote:

BeaverBob wrote:

OpihiMan wrote:
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:03:51 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
A bit off the baseball subject, but I just witnessed the animal kingdom and circle of life at its best. A beautiful eagle, could be a bald eagle, not sure, swooped down and picked up a wild rabbit. The eagle accidentally dropped the rabbit in the river and then swooped back down and picked it up again. What a day!
+2 permalink
4/13/2014 4:10:25 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Sorry to spoil the mood with some Duck references, but the Cougs have outdone them attendancewise the last couple days. I'm watching the Duck game (on mute of course) while watching the Beavs, and for as beautiful a day as it appears to be in the whole PNW, Oregon looks to have a mediocre crowd again. Mike, what are their numbers overall compared to Wazzu's? If this is an exceptional weekend for the Cougs because parents are visiting AND a top ten team is playing (AND Wazzu upset them on Fridya, causing some stir), I can understand if the attendance is an anomaly. But the Duck crowds ALWAYS look pitiful to me. Except that weekend I was there for the Civil War, but again, they probably draw well whenever a good team comes to play. Or when they can sell tickets to Beaver fans (who care).
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:14:02 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I'm surprised with all the innuendos and puns this crowd is known for nothing has been said about Cougar's Beavers....
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:14:23 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
WTH? All those major league scores and not ONE reference to the other 3 PAC12 games going on.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:19:21 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Date      Opponent        Location   Attendance
11-Apr Oregon State Pullman 1621
UC Riverside Eugene 1729
12-Apr Oregon State Pullman 3363
UC Riverside Eugene 2015
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:19:52 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Sorry...been a couple of busy rough days for me. It is Mom's weekend at Wazzu, so there are plenty of those type beavs walking/sitting around, I am sure. Maybe that is why the "beavs" are winning today and yesterday. More beavers in the stands for support. I guess you can say there are beavers up the wazzu.

OpihiMan wrote:
I'm surprised with all the innuendos and puns this crowd is known for nothing has been said about Cougar's Beavers....
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:19:53 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Don't know why, but, maybe it's because I'm sitting in the outdoors watching nature at its best, but I got to thinking about the mascots in the Pac 12. Only two of the Pac 12 teams don't have animal mascots. Standford either has a color or a tree depending on how you view it (Cardinal or Tree). USC has a prophylactic as their mascot (Trojan).
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:23:39 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for the bit of research Matt. You sure couldn't tell by looking into the stands at PK park there are more than a couple hundred fans, expect those dancing on the Ducks dugout between innings.

I'm assuming those numbers are actual fans in the stands and not tickets sold?

Dodger Matt wrote:
Date      Opponent        Location   Attendance
11-Apr Oregon State Pullman 1621
UC Riverside Eugene 1729
12-Apr Oregon State Pullman 3363
UC Riverside Eugene 2015
0 permalink
4/13/2014 4:23:46 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Washington State doesn't register in the top 50 for attendance...Ducks are way way down this year...currently at 42nd in the nation (averaging 1,481 a game), Oregon State is 24th (averaging 2,608 a game).
0 permalink
pages: 1.. 4 5 6 | show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Beavs & Cougs