Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Stanford at Washington

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/13/2014 6:15:39 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Don't root for the Cardinal very often, but I am pulling for them tonight. And they have already scored 4 in the top of the first, sending eight to the plate. Go Treehugggers!
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:17:17 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Thanks for starting the thread DM. Now, I'll never get all of my work done tonight. College Baseball and posting boards are addictive for me during this time of year.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:56:00 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
That play by the Stanford 3B to first was awesome. Great snag, great one-hop throw, great catch by the 1B to beat the runner by a hair.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:56:09 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
WOW, 6-0 Cardinal in the 4th. How many of you think it might be time for Marquis (spelling) to step down as Standford's head coach. It seems like he has had excellent talent, but can't seem to keep Standford in the really elite group of baseball teams.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 6:57:55 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Now they're saying he might have been safe. Ehh. Mebbe.

But sometimes I think a guy should be called out on style points. That was too beautiful a play not to be an out.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 7:00:08 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
BeaverBob wrote:
WOW, 6-0 Cardinal in the 4th. How many of you think it might be time for Marquis (spelling) to step down as Standford's head coach. It seems like he has had excellent talent, but can't seem to keep Standford in the really elite group of baseball teams.

No, this is a freshman-laden team. They will be scary next year. Marquess is about as endangered and Wayne Graham and the pipeline-warmed caribou.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 7:05:05 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
This UW team blows me away. The same guys as the underperforming squad they had last year, when I really though Meggs would have had them leveraging on the previous two years' success but they did worse. Now these guys are offensive mashers, and they have some quality pitching.

May 16 to 18 in Corvallis. I know the Civil War has decided the Pac-12 championship the last couple years and it will be important, but that Husky trip to Goss looks like it will be the deciding series this year.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 7:11:35 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
What a great mascot name - Caribou. DM, I have this Blazing Saddle image of a bunch of Caribou or is it, Caribee (plural), sitting around the pipeline, warming themselves, and flatuating.

http://www.hark.com/blog/2012/06/top-quotes-from-blazing-saddles-1974/

Dodger Matt wrote:
BeaverBob wrote:

No, this is a freshman-laden team. They will be scary next year. Marquess is about as endangered and Wayne Graham and the pipeline-warmed caribou.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 8:08:44 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt

AJ Vanegas in the game for the Cardinal. Son of one of our regulars on the Perfect Game boards.
0 permalink
4/13/2014 8:51:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
The Dark Wine Red win!
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Stanford at Washington