Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall's Projected Field of 64

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/16/2014 11:36:19 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Kendall release his projected field of 64 here

As a Beaver fan a couple things stood out to me that weren't covered in his notes...Oregon State is not a national seed and Oregon is not a host. Kendall must be expecting the Beavs to beat down the Ducks and the Huskies to take the PAC12 is my guess. Texas as the number 1 overall (with Oregon going to that regional!!!lol!)? Did I miss something? I guess he must be seeing that the BIG12 is down and Texas seriously should not lose a single game the rest of the year. Texas current body of work is definitely not worthy of the top seed, 4 game series split with CAL, series loss to Kansas...only a sweep of Oklahoma as a good win.
0 permalink
4/17/2014 1:11:02 AM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
It's hard to find a flaw in the Longhorns' resume right now.

Except for that 2-2 split with Cal you mention. Texas as the national #1 is a laugher.

But it's okay. He at least puts it out there for us to discuss, and often uses "if the season ended today" as his disclaimer. That's why UW gets a national seed...yet he gives OSU the conference autobid in the footer. Yeah, I'm guessing if Oregon State gets the autobid (namely, wins the conference), those spots will be reversed.
0 permalink
4/17/2014 1:32:50 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Yeah. I appreciate Kendall putting this out...it means absolutely nothing, but gives us something to talk about. I didn't see OSU getting the autobid, seeing that now the UW/OSU seeding doesn't make sense. Maybe he's making an assumption that the Beavs won't keep making leaps and bounds in the flawed RPI (we seem to be jumping daily at this point).
0 permalink
4/17/2014 3:55:47 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
You're right OM. At this point it is meaningless. I was going to get my fur all ruffled over his projections, but why?I liked where he said UCLA got the nod by the conference for the last bid, like there has been any nodding done at all. Kinda looks like he is just writing to write, without a lot of season's end meaning attached to it.
0 permalink
4/17/2014 7:50:07 AM

MiamiBaseball
MiamiBaseball
Dodger Matt wrote:
Texas as the national #1 is a laugher.

Texas is #1 in the ISR and #2 in the RPI. You really need to stop looking at the human rankings.
0 permalink
4/17/2014 7:37:03 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I've stayed out of it until now...but the #1 team in the RPI (Florida) has 13 losses and has lost 3 weekend series. Also non-conference losses to Illinois (twice), Florida Gulf Coast, and Florida Atlantic. An average of the human polls would probably be more indicative than the RPI or the ISR (and yes the ISR favors my team and I'm still saying that). The fact that Stanford is #27 in the RPI with a 13-16 (and they are on the WEST COAST....WHAT?!?!?!) says something too.

The RPI and ISR doesn't take into account the "eye-test" which is really what most of baseball is about and that is why the RPI is one of the tools that is used at the end of the season...often by the end of the year the RPI usually works itself out and it ends up reflecting what the human polls had already been showing.

I wasn't starting this thread to get into another RPI vs ISR vs Human poll debate. We should really keep those to just one thread.
0 permalink
4/17/2014 9:53:32 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, the RPI issue is really a moot point till the last part of the season. I think we will see things go back to normal so to speak.
0 permalink
4/19/2014 12:13:40 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
OpihiMan wrote:
Kendall release his projected field of 64 here

As a Beaver fan a couple things stood out to me that weren't covered in his notes...Oregon State is not a national seed and Oregon is not a host. Kendall must be expecting the Beavs to beat down the Ducks and the Huskies to take the PAC12 is my guess. Texas as the number 1 overall (with Oregon going to that regional!!!lol!)? Did I miss something? I guess he must be seeing that the BIG12 is down and Texas seriously should not lose a single game the rest of the year. Texas current body of work is definitely not worthy of the top seed, 4 game series split with CAL, series loss to Kansas...only a sweep of Oklahoma as a good win.

I would go out on a limb and saying the ducks are playing better ball right now than the beavs. I think if the Ducks win the series, they may go all the way, (pac title) and the beavs will beat up on washington.. If the beavs beat the ducks, it will be just like last year, and they will probably blitz right into the cws. Washington has a great record and all, but we were so close to taking the series.. So not sure if Washington will have the staying power. They might end up like the ducks last year..
edited by Riverduck on 4/19/2014
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall's Projected Field of 64