Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs remain under the radar.

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/11/2011 11:05:21 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Well another 10+ run game for my Hogs. They are now 12-1 and have a sweep over Utah that I think could end up looking pretty good when the year plays out. With the win tonight over SDSU they have guaranteed a split. One more win out West would look really good. Maybe Kendall will finally give us some love if not we will just have to keep winning until he doesn't have a choice. I don't know why, but Kendall and Aaron Fitt have not given the Hogs any respect this year. Yet Uconn is still ranked??? Not getting into that because it just makes me furious to think how them or Oregon is still ranked in the top 25. Lot of baseball left to play this has been a great learning experience on the road for my Hogs. Here is to at least one more win.

Also wanted to say congrats to LSU on a big win tonight as well as Georgia.
0 permalink
3/12/2011 8:32:48 PM

TxSt Bobcat
TxSt Bobcat
You guys haven't played anybody? Why should you continue to get respect at the moment? Utah has a losing record. 8 out of your 12 wins are against San Diego State (2-12), Delaware State (3-9) and Wisconsin-Milwaukee (1-9). Congratulations. Can't wait to play you guys later in the year. Go Bobcats.
0 permalink
3/13/2011 6:36:52 AM

CWSOmahaGators
CWSOmahaGators
It is no doubt a great start whether or not you have played anyone or not. You'll lost a lot of talent over the past two seasons and it is hard to replace that talent immediately. It was a big boost to get Kuhn back, who is an annoyingly pesky lead off man that can hurt teams in a lot of different ways. Playing the games you have played up to this point, gives those younger and less experienced players a chance to develop, gain confidence, and prepare themselves mentally for the SEC season. I think Arkansas could be a sleeper team this year and is a team that will definitely be a force next year, considering they only have one (1) senior.

One thing I have noticed about UArk over the past fews years is they are a team that traditionally starts off extremely fast, but fades late in the season. An example would be the CWS year when you guys went 10-2 in first four SEC series and finished 14-15 in SEC. You obviously had a good team, but started quick and faded late and then picked it up for postseason. It will be interesting to see how this team does this year, but Van Horn is a good coach and always puts together underrated, tough Arkansas teams, imo. It'll be interesting to see if they play more consistent baseball throughout the year this year.
0 permalink
3/13/2011 10:27:10 AM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Can't argue with that Gators. Spot on. Utah and SDSU both have bad records, but look at the schedule they played. There is a reason they have two or three wins. I really like this Ark. team. It will all play itself out.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Hogs remain under the radar.