Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was Friday's biggest surprise?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/11/2011 11:16:42 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
I'd have to say Georgia beating Gerrit Cole in Los Angeles with how much he was dealing tonight was a huge surprise.

Other surprises and thoughts?
edited by Kendall on 3/12/2011

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/12/2011 12:42:55 AM

GeauxTigers1
GeauxTigers1
I think you meant to say Friday's biggest surprise, but I agree with you. Although UCLA's lack of offense shouldn't be surprising anymore.
0 permalink
3/12/2011 12:55:46 PM

CWSOmahaGators
CWSOmahaGators
Georgia not only winning, but putting up those offensive numbers on Cole is surprising.

Other surprises to me would be UVA shutting out Clemson, winning not a surprise, but a shut out, kind of surprising. I think Hultzen is still one of the most underrated players in the country and has consistent throughout his career, but has been overshadowed this year with some of the power pitchers.

Another surprise to me, but I'm biased, is Rhode Island scoring 5 against UF's staff, and putting a 3-spot up against Brian Johnson. His first three runs surrendered this year.
0 permalink
3/12/2011 3:05:23 PM

MostUnknown
MostUnknown
Without a doubt the biggest surprise was UGA's seventh inning. The way Cole pitched up to that point and to see it unravel was pretty crazy.

What wasn't a surprise was watching UCLA waste bases loaded with no outs in the ninth.
0 permalink
3/12/2011 7:48:26 PM

E-Dub
E-Dub
CWSOmahaGators wrote:
Georgia not only winning, but putting up those offensive numbers on Cole is surprising.

Other surprises to me would be UVA shutting out Clemson, winning not a surprise, but a shut out, kind of surprising. I think Hultzen is still one of the most underrated players in the country and has consistent throughout his career, but has been overshadowed this year with some of the power pitchers.

Another surprise to me, but I'm biased, is Rhode Island scoring 5 against UF's staff, and putting a 3-spot up against Brian Johnson. His first three runs surrendered this year.

How long can Hultzen keep this up? 50:4 K:BB right now. He was tough last year, but he's taken it to another level.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was Friday's biggest surprise?