Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » High School Baseball » Climbing the list........

High School Baseball Forum
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/14/2011 11:49:15 AM

shortnquick
shortnquick
Wondering what criteria is used for a player to move up, from one list to another. For instance: A player is on the High-Follow List after the National Underclass Showcase, rated an 8. Looking back on the evaluation today, we find out that he was named to the Top Prospect Team and the Top Prospect List (for that showcase I assume). Will this do anything to the players ranking to move up to the Top 1000 list? Curious.
0 permalink
3/17/2011 7:49:15 AM

bcollman
bcollman
Administrator
It possibly could. There is no set criteria for our rankings other than to rank the players 1-500, Top 1000, High Follow, Follow. This is done using PG Showcases, PG Tournaments, other showcases/tournaments that PG scouts, and information we get from scouts and other contacts.

The inclusion on the Top Prospect Team and Top Prospect List for that event is an indication that the player performed well and got high grades from PG scouts.

Hope that helps.
0 permalink
3/18/2011 11:03:41 AM

shortnquick
shortnquick
thanks for the response. you guys do a real nice job with the whole process. Had my kid to many other showcases/camps, none close to what PG does, in my opinion. I do have two more quick questions regarding the same subject/player. In the last day or two, his profile was changed and a Rawlings All-American team section is now on his page stating he was put on a 2011 honorable mention underclass list as a result of the Underclass showcase last August in Iowa. I clicked the link and can not find this list...I see the seniors and their various lists....is there somewhere else to find the Underclass list? Will this appointment do anything with regard to him movin up? Thanks again, have a great weekend!! Baseball is finally here!!! first HS game monday................
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » High School Baseball » Climbing the list........