Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, I don't usually like to call a team out..

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/18/2011 8:55:15 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
But, don't you think it is time to remove UConn from your top 25? 18-3 loss to Rhode Island? I don't care how good Rhode Island might be (I know nothing about them), a "top 25" team should NEVER lose to ANYBODY that bad. UConn may be a very very good ball club down the stretch, but just becuase they have lost to some good teams doesn't make them a good team. At some point losses are losses and it just has to be accepted. Aaron Fitt at BA seems to have the same fascination with UConn. "They will be fine down the stretch," I won't argue that because they probably will, but why are they in the top 25 right now? If they get hot down the stretch then put them in, but I see no justification what-so-ever for them to be ranked in the top-25 at this point of the year. There are mid-major teams out there right now that deserve that ranking more than they do. All in all I enjoy your stuff and hope you don't take this as a shot at you!
0 permalink
3/19/2011 12:49:58 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
hogfan4life wrote:
But, don't you think it is time to remove UConn from your top 25? 18-3 loss to Rhode Island? I don't care how good Rhode Island might be (I know nothing about them), a "top 25" team should NEVER lose to ANYBODY that bad. UConn may be a very very good ball club down the stretch, but just becuase they have lost to some good teams doesn't make them a good team. At some point losses are losses and it just has to be accepted. Aaron Fitt at BA seems to have the same fascination with UConn. "They will be fine down the stretch," I won't argue that because they probably will, but why are they in the top 25 right now? If they get hot down the stretch then put them in, but I see no justification what-so-ever for them to be ranked in the top-25 at this point of the year. There are mid-major teams out there right now that deserve that ranking more than they do. All in all I enjoy your stuff and hope you don't take this as a shot at you!

Hog -- don't apologize or feel bad -- you asked an extremely valid question. Strangely, I saw UCONN last weekend and I thought it looked great. However, there's no excuse to get pummeled by Rhode Island like that, and you'll see that reflectd in our rankings on Monday. Don't worry.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, I don't usually like to call a team out..