Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall Beavers Gaviglio

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/18/2011 10:14:50 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall, what's your take on Oregon State after tonight's game? Gaviglio still has a 0,00 ERA threw 1 hit and no walks with 14 SO tonight. I believe Oregon State is a real jewel this year, in spite of no pre-season kudos to them and a prediction of finishing 7th or 8th in the P10.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 12:51:30 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Florida Beaver wrote:
Kendall, what's your take on Oregon State after tonight's game? Gaviglio still has a 0,00 ERA threw 1 hit and no walks with 14 SO tonight. I believe Oregon State is a real jewel this year, in spite of no pre-season kudos to them and a prediction of finishing 7th or 8th in the P10.

Florida -- I like OSU's team a lot right now, especially as long as the pitching continues to perform at a high level. I still want to see the Beavers do more offensively, but you're not going to get many runs off Long Beach State's Drew Gagnon no matter what team is at the plate. OSU likely would be in our rankings with a series win this weekend, but we'll see how the rest of the weekend pans out. Pretty impressed with the job Sam has done this season to say the least. Simply amazing.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/19/2011 3:11:37 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Sam's Stats:

Sam Gaviglio: 4-0, 2 Complete Games, 38.2 IP, 14 hits, 0 ER, 4 BB, 40 Strikeouts (YES 40).

Another note...of the Beavers 12 pitchers that have pitched so far this year only 1 has an ERA over 4.00 (Dan Child with a 9.00 in 5 innings) as a Team the Beavers ERA is 1.96.

Offensively Andrew Susac is hitting .453 after 53 AB...in fact 7 Beavers are hitting above .310

Pretty exciting!
0 permalink
3/19/2011 4:21:54 AM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Looking up a few things on Boyds. The only other player beside Sammy that has a 0.00 ERA is Cody Fick with Evanville. Having an ERA of zero is awesome, but even more so is that Gaviglio has thrown nearly 3 times the number of innings as Fick, has thown fewer hits and 4 times the number of strikeouts. Gaviglio, right now you the man . We all know though that Sammy couldn't do it without the amazing defense that OSU is putting up. Another game with no errors. Wow. Way to go Beavs.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/19/2011
0 permalink
3/19/2011 8:00:40 AM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, If my memory serves me right OSU mowed through their pre pac schedule like nobody's business last year as well. We will see how things roll once the pac schedule begins.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 1:57:26 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I was going to respond to the quacker poster, but I'm taking the high road and letting our record and stats FOR THIS YEAR speak for themselves.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 7:45:43 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Florida Beaver wrote:
I was going to respond to the quacker poster, but I'm taking the high road and letting our record and stats FOR THIS YEAR speak for themselves.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 7:52:09 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Yeah, I guess it will be nice for you guys to be ranked I guess. I will take the high road as well. Good job on your 9-6 win
0 permalink
3/19/2011 8:02:45 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Hey- I can hack on my team as well. I thought it was kind of interesting seeing Housey get it trouble.. no one warming up in the ninth. Two trips to the mound.. two step offs, ss visit, and someone in the bullpen throwing a ball out of the pen to disrupt the game. Baseball is a pretty interesting/complex game. Also think it is great with Horton mixing it up with the freshman.. if you don't perform, yank time. Pulfer came in after being benched and hit a home run. Classic. How many broken arms/wrists do we have to endure.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 8:04:04 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
oh yeah, and our bullpen is dicey, and our best hitter is a freshman. I am feeling pretty good with where we are at right now. It can only get better.
0 permalink
3/19/2011 10:12:22 PM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
I saw the Ducks when they came out to Hawaii to start the season, they seemed very shaky...no depth in the Bullpen. But it was apparent that the talent was there. Good luck Ducks
0 permalink
3/19/2011 11:42:56 PM

Riverduck
Riverduck
Was worried that San Diego was going to have a break out series. Looks like they are coming to life, but our bats seem to be thawing out a little. As for our bullpen, we just don't have a dominant closer yet. I think we have some potential, but until we can hold a close lead, I will have nightmares. I still am playing back that catastrophic loss in Washington last year. Until that, we will play second fiddle to that team up north.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall Beavers Gaviglio