Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon- San diego

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/20/2011 12:51:51 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Looks like the bats are heating up- Great bases clearing triple for the Ducks. 4-0 bt 4th. Really like are freshman this year..
0 permalink
3/21/2011 3:25:21 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Still having issues in the bullpen unfortunately, congrats on the win but the Ducks keep scrambling at the end because their pitching implodes late in the game.

46% of their opponents runs come in innings 8 and 9, and when 15 of their 18 games are decided by 3 runs or less...it makes a huge difference.
edited by OpihiMan on 3/21/2011
0 permalink
3/21/2011 11:28:01 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Yeah, I agree that is one huge problem,
but we are swinging the bat way better, our freshman our starting to get comfortable.. I think we will do just fine. With added confidence, we can slip in the later innings like yesterday. For the ducks to get two after what happened so fast, with the bullpen closing it , shows that we are growing as a team. Our starters have always been our strength this year, we just need a couple more freshman to step up, and also Mcgough needs to learn a change up or somehthing. He has been disappointing. I am going to watch the Shockers game and let you know what I am feeling then.
0 permalink
3/22/2011 1:52:48 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
I'm not real sold on the Ducks yet this year. Not from a "I'm a beavs fan so I hate the ducks" thing but more of a "I haven't seen a whole lot of good consistent, complete game" ball playing. (Kinda reminds me of the Beavers play last year) The Duck team that the pre-season hype had playing should really be taking down a St, Marys and SDSU by more than 2 or 3 runs. Except for 1 LBSU and 1 BYU game, all your games have been relatively close. After your play last year, I expected more things from Oregon this year. Maybe you'll come up, but it better happen fast. The start of conference play and ASU is 1.5 weeks away.
edited by Florida Beaver on 3/22/2011
0 permalink
3/23/2011 10:05:43 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Well, coming off of last year what I saw was a solid leadership role from our catcher, I think they had less talent last year but really worked well as a unit. We have always had our close games, and I think that is what is making the difference right now. I could care less about the margin of our wins, just that we win enough to make it to a regional. The way they play right now is no indication of how they will play 2 weeks down the road. The freshman coming into the program were way hyped, and alot of them just walked right in to starting roles. I think this could be rough on the other veteran players. I would hate for a freshman to take leadership role, and think that pulfer, alto, and serna really have to lock this chemistry together. Horton has had so many mixes in there, I just feel he is getting a feel for what his team is capable of. I feel really good with this team this year. Yeah, we won't win every game, but remember, if you win 66 percent of your games you are successful. We have done that- so hey lets see what unfolds. As for OSU- losing to Seattle was a tough one for your team. We will see how they rebound.
0 permalink
3/23/2011 3:06:54 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Yeah, I think, with what they have, the ducks should do good. But it will need to jell soon or it could be a rough year. Playing Wichita this weekend will be a big test for your team, even bigger than LBSU. The Shockers at 14-6 barely lost a series to a 17-4 Tulane and took 2 from Arizona. So good luck. I was not impressed yesterday with our club, For most of this year, so far, the number of errors has been very low (mostly no errors in the games). Just goes to show that mistakes, or errors in this case, can cost you the game if the other side takes advantage of them, which Seattle did. Hopefully tonight will be different. We shall see.
0 permalink
3/23/2011 9:08:49 PM

thorgreen
thorgreen
Yeah, tuesday games can be tough. We dropped some ridiculous games last year/this year. I figured Seattle would get one, or at least come close. They are a good club, who may battle at the end in their league. I am pretty happy the way we are playing, and think we have a good shot at taking 3/4 this week. Horton has been known to take series from pretty solid programs.. IE Fresno state last year. That was a classic series. Anyway I like the consistency in our starters, and Keudell had a great performance tonight. 9 inning 4 hit 11 k night. I think we will be a little more prepared playing tough teams going into pac play vs OSU. The shockers have that mystique, and I think it should be a great series. Garlick/Sabol/Jone/Kuressa have made some huge steps into helping offensively. Marder/Pulfer/Alto/Serna are key offensively. Those guys perform, and we will have a great year. Mcgough will come around and things will be fine.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon- San diego