Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC Power Rankings Week 5

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/20/2011 5:31:15 PM

AUGreenMonster
AUGreenMonster
Road to Hoover Top 8 (Projected finish at end of season)
1. Florida
2. South Carolina
3. Vanderbilt
4. Auburn
5. Arkansas
6. LSU
7. Georgia
8. Alabama

SEC Power Standings (based on season to this point)

East
1. Florida.... What a week defeated Fla. St and swept LSU in Baton Rouge.. wow
2. South Carolina.... Lost to Furman and defeated Wofford.. then took 2 of 3 from Georgia
3. Vanderbilt.... Defeated Purdue and won 2 of 3 from Miss St.
4. Georgia... Lost to Kennesaw St. and lost 2 of 3 at South Carolina.. Team seems to have turned a major corner, this weekend with LSU coming in will be very interesting for both clubs
5. Kentucky... Defeated Murray St. and won 2 of 3 from Tennessee
6. Tennessee.. Defeated Alabama A&M and Austin Peay, lost 2 of 3 at Kentucky

West
1. Auburn... Defeated Alabama and took 2 of 3 from Arkansas.... after watching this series, i think AU and Arky are very similar clubs in talent and it will be a battle with LSU for tops in West
2. Arkansas... Defeated Kansas and lost 2 of 3 at Auburn
3. LSU.. Defeated Nichols St. and got swept at home to Florida.. May end up being best in West but can't put them at the top after being swept
4. Alabama... Lost to Auburn and took 2 of 3 at Ole Miss
5. Miss. St.... Defeated Eastern Illinois and Lipscomb.. lost 2 of 3 at Vanderbilt
6. Ole Miss... Defeated Jackson St. and lost 2 of 3 to Alabama
0 permalink
3/20/2011 11:09:12 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
EAST
1. Florida (obviously the best thus far)
2. Vandy (they are pitching lights out and have been solid)
3. South Carolina (our pitching has been spotty and our hitting not consistent enough yet to be legit)
4. Georgia (have been tough since the tourney out west)
5. Kentucky
6. Tennessee

WEST
1. Auburn (By default. Good win over Arky... but im not convinced yet though)
2. LSU (though gettin swept by UF means very little... I still think they could be the team to beat)
T3. Arkansas (They look good at times and not so good others)
T3. Ole Miss (Unexpected series loss... I think they bounce back though
5. Bama (Rough start, but a great SEC opening weekend)
6. Miss St.
0 permalink
3/23/2011 8:03:19 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
AU Tiger, I haven't been on since the weekend. We ended up with a series just like I expected. My Hogs are just a little too young right now. If we line out our pitching troubles we can be dangerous, but how long will that take? I think I would put LSU ahead of Arkansas even after the sweep. Something tells me that LSU won't be the only team swept by Florida this year. We can bounce back bigtime with 2 wins vs. Vandy this weekend. Go Hogs!
0 permalink
3/23/2011 9:02:01 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
AU Tiger, just wanted to thank you for this weekly update that you have taken the time to do.
I agree with your assessments in both divisions this week with the exception of USC and Vandy for the overall.From what I can gather, I think Vandy's pitching may be stronger than Carolina's at this point simply because we haven't found a solid Sunday starter. Heck, there has even been talk of reliever Matt Price being pushed into a starter's role. It's real hard to keep a reliever in that relief roll when he has 3 solid pitches to pull from.
1. Florida
2.Vanderbilt
3.USC
4.LSU
5.Auburn
6.Georgia
7.Arkansas
8.Alabama

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
3/24/2011 3:42:37 PM

AUGreenMonster
AUGreenMonster
hogfan, I totally agree with you.. yall have a really young team that will only get better throughout the year.. I'm just glad we played yall early and at home... your freshman closer is going to be a stud!
Carolina Mike.. thanks for the kind words.. I love talking college baseball especially SEC baseball and love this medium here for us to discuss our teams and the SEC as a whole.. With Vandy losing to MS State and the way South Carolina has hit, I just have to give a slight edge to USC when it comes to head to head. Maybe Ms St is better than expected (we will find out this weekend).. Really looking forward to the USC FLa series.. (Go Cocks!)
0 permalink
3/25/2011 8:07:18 PM

hogfan4life
hogfan4life
Wow! My Hogs just beat Sunny Gray! Big time win, but we need to find a way to get 2 from Vandy! Shocked at what USC did to Florida
0 permalink
3/27/2011 4:50:20 PM

MoreCowbell23
MoreCowbell23
MSU sweeps Auburn. Only the Friday game was close. Is Cohen bringing us back? I certainly hope so. We've had a bunch of true freshmen that have been studs, and our veterans are finally producing (Ogden can slug, Parks, Freeman, and Collins have vastly improved). Hopefully we can keep this up. 4 straight wins over Top 25 teams has me optimistic.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 8:58:28 AM

TannerMan
TannerMan
Good Luck putting them in order this week.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 9:41:05 AM

MoreCowbell23
MoreCowbell23
Here's how I see it ending up right now:
1. SC
2. Florida
3. Vandy
4. Bama
5. LSU (They will bounce back)
6. MSU (Maybe a little early but they have some very nice SEC wins)
7. Arkansas
8. Ole Miss
0 permalink
3/30/2011 12:53:49 PM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
I can see UGA working their way in to Hoover. I don't know who in Cowbell's list they would replace right now, but I do think they get in.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » SEC Power Rankings Week 5