Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was the weekend's biggest surprise?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/20/2011 7:15:19 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Curious to see what everyone thinks after the weekend?

For me, I'm honestly a little surprised Florida did a complete sweep of LSU on the road.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/20/2011 7:38:45 PM

EastCarolinaPirates
EastCarolinaPirates
I would have to pick CofC. Not so much because it was a surprise but i think their performance was the most telling. They get swept AT HOME, in their own tournament. I think this proves they are overrated. They havent beaten anyone worth mentioning and have lost all their games against decent teams.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 7:48:49 AM

BaylorGuy314
BaylorGuy314
I was surprised to see A&M take 2/3 at Oklahoma. (I am starting to think OU may have been a bit overinflated or that their weak schedule was a bad decision.)

Very disappointed in Baylor this weekend. Had a 13-4 lead in the 9th inning on Saturday and let Texas Tech come back and tie it, although Baylor did win in the bottom of 9.

On Sunday, had a 6-3 lead in the 7th, let Tech tie it in the 9th, and then lost 10-6 after giving up four runs in the 10th on only one hit.

All of the mojo that the Bears carried after beating Rice completely evaporated this weekend. They seemed to have very little confidence. Just a strange turn of events. As a fan of the Bears, I hope Steve didn't lose his team in one weekend.

Oklahoma State lost 2/3 to Kansas as well. That was pretty surprising to me as well.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 9:49:05 AM

E-Dub
E-Dub
I'm not too surprised at OU losing two, just that the win was asgainst Stilson. Mike Wacha is one of the best sophomore starters in the country and is a bit slept on imo.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 10:40:16 AM

RoundingThirdStaff
RoundingThirdStaff
This weekends biggest surprise??? West Coast Weather!!! What gives? Did the Earth Shift on its axis and put us at the latitude of Seattle? I have lived here a long time and I have never seen as much rain as we have had this year. This really stinks....and it's still raining and will be every day this week. The song..."It never rains in Southern California"....I wish...
0 permalink
3/21/2011 11:32:48 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
That the ducks actually won three in a row against a San Diego team that is just getting ready to break out. For us to actually score two after our bullpen blew it was also shocking.. Looks like they are starting to gel.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 2:12:32 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
I was also very disappointed in C of C this weekend. Hopefully they won't wake up in Columbia tomorrow night against the Gamecocks.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What was the weekend's biggest surprise?