Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: Jackets, others make moves (3/21)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2011 12:28:52 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here are the latest Top 25 rankings..... Enjoy.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5387

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/21/2011 12:45:46 PM

tater head
tater head
KR, this fatuation with Baylor has got to stop Whaaaaa?.. A 13-7 record with 8 of the wins coming against La Tech, ORU and Georgia and then lose a home series to Tech and don't even drop out of the top 25!! Not exactly worthy any votes let alone a top 25 ranking.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 12:49:18 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
tater head wrote:
KR, this fatuation with Baylor has got to stop Whaaaaa?.. A 13-7 record with 8 of the wins coming against La Tech, ORU and Georgia and then lose a home series to Tech and don't even drop out of the top 25!! Not exactly worthy any votes let alone a top 25 ranking.

The Bears have a solid offense and have captured some solid wins this year. They took two of three on the road from Georgia, who has some very solid wins. The Bears also went 2-1 at the Houston College Classic, including earning a win over Rice. If you're comparing the Bears to other teams vying for the No. 25 spot, the debates are very comparable and equally unimpressive, IMO.

--
0 permalink
3/21/2011 12:57:42 PM

EastCarolinaPirates
EastCarolinaPirates
Rice that high is kind of puzzling too. Yeah, they have played a real tough schedule but does that excuse 9 losses already? Not to mention losses from LBS, Dallas Baptist, and Sam Houston State.
Tater head, I agree that Baylor shouldn't be included.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 1:36:32 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall, I'm unclear about all the polls still ranking an 8-6 UCLA and a 6-5 Stanford. Yes I know their games have been getting rained out, but their play and strength still has to be determined, where as other teams are proving it. (Especially when both teams have lost 5 and 6 games) What is the reaoning behind this? Are we still using preseason hyperbole to put them this high?
0 permalink
3/21/2011 5:07:10 PM

rec1347
rec1347
I think you had a typo in your top 25. In Fresno State's description you said they had a series sweep against Fresno State, but should be Washington State.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:26:41 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Florida Beaver wrote:
Kendall, I'm unclear about all the polls still ranking an 8-6 UCLA and a 6-5 Stanford. Yes I know their games have been getting rained out, but their play and strength still has to be determined, where as other teams are proving it. (Especially when both teams have lost 5 and 6 games) What is the reaoning behind this? Are we still using preseason hyperbole to put them this high?

FB,
I think people could have a legitimate argument on UCLA, but not on Stanford. The Cardinal has played clearly the toughest schedule to date and has a winning record. I'm not going to, or nobody should either, penalize them for the fact they haven't had a chance to play the last two weeks. They took two of three from Rice on the road, then had chances to beat Texas AND Vanderbilt two of three on the road. Stanford is very solid and is a team I've seen four times in person. The Cardinal is a very very solid club.

--
0 permalink
3/22/2011 8:49:29 AM

tater head
tater head
Kendall wrote:
tater head wrote:

The Bears have a solid offense and have captured some solid wins this year. They took two of three on the road from Georgia, who has some very solid wins. The Bears also went 2-1 at the Houston College Classic, including earning a win over Rice. If you're comparing the Bears to other teams vying for the No. 25 spot, the debates are very comparable and equally unimpressive, IMO.

KR, you consider the wins over a fading Rice and sub .500 UH and Georgia to be solid? Sorry, don't see it. Do see the home series loss to Tx Tech and a home thumping by Texas State though . Baylor is a middle of the pack Big 12 team but no doubt will get an invite like they did last year with a sub .500 conference record.
0 permalink
3/22/2011 9:46:03 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
tater head wrote:
Kendall wrote:
tater head wrote:

KR, you consider the wins over a fading Rice and sub .500 UH and Georgia to be solid? Sorry, don't see it. Do see the home series loss to Tx Tech and a home thumping by Texas State though . Baylor is a middle of the pack Big 12 team but no doubt will get an invite like they did last year with a sub .500 conference record.

Just giving you some friendly grief, but you mention that Texas State loss then conveniently leave out the going on the road to San Marcos and taking two of three from the Bobcats ... just sayin!

--
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: Jackets, others make moves (3/21)