Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » South Carolina @ Florida this weekend...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/21/2011 2:10:57 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
What does everybody think about this series? Florida's pitching is filthy good but I like the Gamecocks chances to win a game or two. I expect a 2-1 series. It's tough enough to sweep anyone, let alone a team as good as Florida or South Carolina. The Gamecocks pitchers only allowed 9 hits in the two wins over Georgia on Saturday and Sunday. Jackie Bradley Jr. went hitless for the entire weekend. That's either a really bad sign for the Gamecocks or the Gators. I guess we'll find out this weekend.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 3:18:15 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
I just dont see us hitting the ball well enough this weekend to win the series... though our pitching should keep us in some games

for us to have a chance we need 2 of the following guys: mooney, marzilli, or matthews to get on base consistently enough to give JBJ and Christian opportunities to drive them in!
0 permalink
3/21/2011 3:37:44 PM

rwnatc
rwnatc
florida will sweep.
0 permalink
3/21/2011 8:23:41 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
rwnatc wrote:
florida will sweep.

Gamecocks have enough seasoned guys to win a game of the series, but I definitely expect Florida to win two of three. Just too much pitching when you compare them and the Gamecocks side-by-side. But heck, never doubt a Ray Tanner-coached club. I'll go with UF 2/3.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/22/2011 2:32:34 PM

dpgator33
dpgator33
Having watched the Florida staff develop over time, I would say that I would be surprised if UF lost more than one of these games, and I think there's probably a 55-60% chance of a home sweep. If there's one thing that USC has going for it, it's a two-game midweek for UF, so depth may be a little compromised depending on how things go against Winthrop and how much Sully wants to keep the train going of there's a tight game in the middle innings. Panteliodis hasn't exactly been lights out coming back from off season surgery. Assuming he starts tomorrow, and Rodriiguez going tonight, there's a decent chance the bullpen is going to get called on for a good 10+ innings of work before the weekend. If UF's bats are hot enough to keep the big guns locked and loaded, UF should be just fine for SC
0 permalink
3/22/2011 9:17:28 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
I think the SC bats have finally awoken tonight against C of C!

I dont expect a series win, but do expect to avoid the sweep! It's baseball though so anything can happen!
0 permalink
3/23/2011 8:43:52 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
I would be glad to win 1 of 3 from the Gators this weekend and would be surprised to win 2. When ya' go to war you gotta have bullets for your gun, right now I think Florida has more bullets than my Gamecocks.Baseball is a funny game though and I am looking forward to the series. Either way it will be a defining measuring stick as to where our strengths and weaknesses are at this point in the year.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
3/24/2011 2:19:01 PM

airjeffdude
airjeffdude
after watching us play this friday and saturday i would give the sweep to florida but since sunday our bats have woken up and we have scored a lot (regardless of opponent). that being said if roth and neff can pitch well friday and saturday and we play good defense (minimal errors) i dont see y we don't win 1 or both.
0 permalink
3/25/2011 9:49:33 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
Great night for the Gamecocks tonight. Michael Roth was outstanding again and the Gamecocks played errorless ball and picked up 9 runs. Split the next two and win the series, Gamecocks.
0 permalink
3/25/2011 10:35:01 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
mcrooster wrote:
Great night for the Gamecocks tonight. Michael Roth was outstanding again and the Gamecocks played errorless ball and picked up 9 runs. Split the next two and win the series, Gamecocks.

Very, very impressive series opener for the Gamecocks. It looks like Florida came out overconfident and the Gamecocks were completely dialed in crushing the baseball. They're the defending champs for a reason.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/25/2011 11:01:37 PM

hubbyb014
hubbyb014
it was a great pitching performance for us tonight! if we can get quality starts consistently from Sat. and Sun. guys our offensive lineup is good enough top to bottom to take us back to Omaha!

But man its gonna be a great race in the SEC East this year
0 permalink
3/26/2011 8:21:55 AM

mcrooster
mcrooster
If Neff comes out like he did last Saturday against Georgia, it should be a tight one tonight in Gainesville. He's around 90 with nasty stuff but he's had command issues during his career. Last week he was awesome and he'll need to be again tonight if we're going to clinch the series.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 2:06:42 PM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Couldn't ask for a tighter series. I'm pleasantly surprised to pull 2 out of 3 against Florida this weekend.
+1 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » South Carolina @ Florida this weekend...