Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, Pitching Staff question

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/22/2011 6:22:23 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
As a Virginia fan, I am wondering what other pitching staffs feature as much solid depth in the bullpen, that UVA has right now?

Hultzen speaks for himself, but Virginia really seems to have put it all together this year in the pitching department. Especially, with the number of guys who come in and strike out batters, plus the emergence of Kline. No disrespect to Kevin Arico, but Kline just seems to have more velocity and can really go after guys in the late innings where Arico made a living with the off speed pitches and working the batters.

Your thoughts?
0 permalink
3/22/2011 9:07:09 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
ACC Fan wrote:
As a Virginia fan, I am wondering what other pitching staffs feature as much solid depth in the bullpen, that UVA has right now?

Hultzen speaks for himself, but Virginia really seems to have put it all together this year in the pitching department. Especially, with the number of guys who come in and strike out batters, plus the emergence of Kline. No disrespect to Kevin Arico, but Kline just seems to have more velocity and can really go after guys in the late innings where Arico made a living with the off speed pitches and working the batters.

Your thoughts?

ACC,
Welcome to the board ..... and as for staffs that as deep as the Cavaliers, I'd say Florida has the nation's deepest pitching staff with Cal State Fullerton in that mix, too. Throw Vanderbilt in there, too. I'd probably put those three plus Virginia as my national leaders though, there are other solid staffs.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Kendall, Pitching Staff question