Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Feeling pretty good about my Heels thus far...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/19/2011 6:01:55 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
2-0 against some pretty stout competition on the other side of the country. Cal Poly is very good and Fullerton is ....well, they're Fullerton. We've really pitched well and played great defense. The offense hasn't been great but has done just enough. Would sure be nice to get these two tomorrow against Southern Cal and Missouri to come home to Chapel Hill 4-0.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 7:37:50 PM

Stork
Stork
Hey, glad you made it over here.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 7:41:46 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Hopefully others will as well...pretty dead right now.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 7:53:51 PM

rcw1126
rcw1126
Heels2Omaha wrote:
2-0 against some pretty stout competition on the other side of the country. Cal Poly is very good and Fullerton is ....well, they're Fullerton. We've really pitched well and played great defense. The offense hasn't been great but has done just enough. Would sure be nice to get these two tomorrow against Southern Cal and Missouri to come home to Chapel Hill 4-0.

H2O:

Wish you could have been here!

I've seen a lot of Carolina baseball over the last 10 years; but, I don't know that I've had any better opinion of ANY of those past teams. The depth of the pitching staff is the best it's been at any time during that period (by far), and these guys are gritty fighters. To best CSF in extra innings in their own house...Well, let's just say that the statistics would be against the visitors.

Meanwhile, Fullerton is exactly as advertised. I kept thinking about the numerous good reports we've read from their pre-season, and they're completely deserved. If I were picking the 8 most likely for Omaha, they'd definitely be in my group.

It was a thing of beauty.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 9:21:15 PM

NolesFanJosh
NolesFanJosh
H2O...good to see you sir...as always, much respect to the Heels, from what I'm reading your pitching appears to (once again) be quite solid from the outset. Look fwd to seeing ya over here now.
0 permalink
2/19/2011 10:54:57 PM

Stork
Stork
Yeah, the boards have only been up for a few days. I am sure things will pick up once people figure out they are here.
0 permalink
2/20/2011 1:54:26 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Heels,
I can't wait to see them in action next weekend! I really wanted to go out west because I wanted to go to Fullerton's house, but mama's 8 month's pregnant so that wouldn't fly. I will be at the Bosh next weekend though!
0 permalink
2/20/2011 3:22:19 PM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
FV, you need to make sure to come to the tailgate party on Saturday.

Heels are now 3-0 after beating Mizzou 11-3 earlier today...and up 2-0 on Southern Cal in the 2nd.

Man, going 4-0 in this trip would sure be sweet and would be a pretty clear statement about the abilities of this UNC squad.
0 permalink
2/20/2011 7:39:56 PM

FV4Heels
FV4Heels
Heels,

PM me with the information about the tailgate Sat. I am bringing my 4 yr son and my very pregnant wife to the game! I hope that's cool!
0 permalink
2/20/2011 9:53:54 PM

HooBaseball
HooBaseball
We will see how UNC does against the defending ACC coastal champs, I always expect UNC to have a top national team. Look forward to it! Very impressive beating CSF and bringing back the ACC banner with pride!
0 permalink
2/20/2011 9:56:37 PM

mojaveheel
mojaveheel
a great start to this season...

2500 mile trip and they didn't seem affected at all by the travel, the time zone change, or any of those things that are so often cited as reasons why road trips make being a pro athlete so demanding...

one weekend does not a season make, but I'm really looking forward to this campaign...

roll 'em down you Tar Heel warriors...
0 permalink
2/20/2011 10:02:44 PM

HooBaseball
HooBaseball
Carolina pitching is set up to be excellent, why are the Heels rated so low preseason this year? Not a lot of hitters?
0 permalink
2/20/2011 10:17:59 PM

mojaveheel
mojaveheel
the Heels are on the young side, including much of the pitching...

there are going to be ups and downs but for now I'm going to enjoy this terrific start...

Mike Fox teams tend to do well early (4-0 start or better 10 of his 13 seasons) although I can't remember another start quite this impressive...
0 permalink
2/21/2011 4:42:20 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
You would have to go back to 2000 when the Heels opened up at the Disney tournament to find as demanding an opening weekend for UNC. That year they beat Central Florida, Miami, and Rice to open. Traditionally, we open at home versus a less-than-desirable opponent. That fact makes a lot of those hot starts a bit questionable. This time though, you're talking about 3 of the 4 being VERY quality opponents (I still think USC is a team that's a year away from being really competitive) and 1 of them being a premium team (CSF). Also, 2 of the 4 were true road games and all of them were played nearly 3000 miles from Chapel Hill.

All things considered, you'd be hard pressed to find a more impressive start by a UNC squad.

mojaveheel wrote:
the Heels are on the young side, including much of the pitching...

there are going to be ups and downs but for now I'm going to enjoy this terrific start...

Mike Fox teams tend to do well early (4-0 start or better 10 of his 13 seasons) although I can't remember another start quite this impressive...
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Feeling pretty good about my Heels thus far...