Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What stood out to you the most this weekend?

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/27/2011 4:21:57 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Curious to see what everyone thinks as the night's action wraps up ...

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/27/2011 4:39:03 PM

ucfalum08
ucfalum08
UCF beating Rice (at Rice) despite poor starting pitching. Maybe someone can verify but looking back over Rice's schedule from the past few seasons it doesn't look like they've lost a home conference series since 2008.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 4:42:48 PM

MoreCowbell23
MoreCowbell23
From the SEC, I was a little bit surprised that SC took 2/3 in Gainesville. Between those two teams and Vandy, the East is TOUGH.

LSU lost 2/3 to Georgia. Curious losses on their part. They currently have the worst record in the West after two weekends.

Yes, it's early, but Mississippi State is tied for the 2nd best record in the SEC after two weekends. They got much-needed win last Sunday at Vandy and swept Auburn with only one of the games being close. 4 straight wins over ranked opponents. I think it's important that they win the series at Georgia next weekend. That would be big momentum going into a HUGE home series against Florida in two weeks.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 5:28:18 PM

BeesballFan
BeesballFan
Georgia Tech sweeping Miami on the road. First time Tech has swept Miami since 1967.

I knew Tech had a good team, but fully expected the youth to show in this first real road test. Being able to sweep the series and win two games in the 9th and 10th inning really excites me about this team.

That series between UVA and Tech in Atlanta in two weeks is going to be great.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 5:41:37 PM

GR
GR
Georgia winning the series against LSU
MSU sweeping Auburn
Southern Miss looking very strong lately and being 4-1 against ranked teams.
GT sweeping Miami
ASU looking strong against Zona
College of Charleston tanking
South Carolina coming on very strong and taking down Florida
0 permalink
3/27/2011 7:25:47 PM

Line Drive
Line Drive
The 22 inning Fresno State victory. Anybody who hasn't had a chance to see this ball club is in for a surprise. You haven't heard much talk nationally but you will soon. Even with the loss of their starting catcher and a slumping Jordan Ribera, this club has continued to win. Completing the sweep of San Diego today should push them up even further in the National rankings.
0 permalink
3/27/2011 11:00:48 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
Georgia taking 2/3 from LSU
Miss. State sweeps Auburn 3/0
Texas dropping 2/3 to OSU
Clemson losing 2/3 to NC State...wow!
Rice losing 2 of 3 to UCF ?
Coastal losing 2 of 3 to UNC Asheville...WTH?
My Gamecocks taking 2 of 3 from the Gators...nice surprise there.
Cal sweeps WSU...while not a surprise, I love it. I hope Cal ends up in Omaha. Real hard to shut a quality program down when they would be in the Final Eight.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 4:46:15 AM

OpihiMan
OpihiMan
Fullerton sweeping Hawaii on the road (4 game series) despite having 8 players suspended for the series
0 permalink
3/28/2011 5:59:25 AM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
CLemson losing to NCstate
UGA taking the series from LSU
Auburn getting swept at MSU

GT is not a surprise to me. Miami is just not very good right now IMO.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 12:34:24 PM

BeesballFan
BeesballFan
GTbaseball wrote:

Except that even after the series they have the third best pitching in the ACC behind Tech and UVA with an era of under 3 as a staff. Say what you will about us playing and hitting well, but to go down to Miami and sweep the first real road test for this inexperienced lineup against that staff was impressive and surprising to me.

Miami will be just fine IMO. With their pitching if they can just pick the sticks up just a little they will start rolling. The games they have lost this season have all been 1 or 2 run games. It took extras for Tech to win on Saturday and 2 runs in the 9th to win on Sunday. They are playing close games and are still sitting at 6-3 in the ACC. I look for them to win the next three series (BC, NCST, and Maryland) and head into the UNC series with some momentum.
0 permalink
3/28/2011 1:42:10 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
BeesballFan wrote:
GTbaseball wrote:

Except that even after the series they have the third best pitching in the ACC behind Tech and UVA with an era of under 3 as a staff. Say what you will about us playing and hitting well, but to go down to Miami and sweep the first real road test for this inexperienced lineup against that staff was impressive and surprising to me.

Miami will be just fine IMO. With their pitching if they can just pick the sticks up just a little they will start rolling. The games they have lost this season have all been 1 or 2 run games. It took extras for Tech to win on Saturday and 2 runs in the 9th to win on Sunday. They are playing close games and are still sitting at 6-3 in the ACC. I look for them to win the next three series (BC, NCST, and Maryland) and head into the UNC series with some momentum.

Hey thats great. Miami is NOT playing good baseball right now, just like you said their bats are non existant. Maybe they turn it around, but after watching them this weekend they didnt really look that great. Pitching was good, but other than that they are pretty bad right now.
0 permalink
3/29/2011 4:09:44 PM

Irvinebaseballfan
Irvinebaseballfan
Either UCI is a total house of cards this year feasting on completely inferior competition or Gonzaga has one hell of an unheralded pitching staff.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » What stood out to you the most this weekend?