Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: Vandy tops latest rankings (3/28)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/28/2011 12:07:48 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here's our latest rankings, where Vandy vaults to the top and two new teams enter:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5408

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/28/2011 3:52:35 PM

tater head
tater head
Same song, different week. Baylor squeeks out a couple of one run, come from behind victories at home over a mediocre K State (RPI=96, SOS = 132) and they jump 5 spots???

If they take 2/3 from a hapless Kansas next weekend will they crack the top 10?
0 permalink
3/28/2011 10:01:25 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
tater head wrote:
Same song, different week. Baylor squeeks out a couple of one run, come from behind victories at home over a mediocre K State (RPI=96, SOS = 132) and they jump 5 spots???

If they take 2/3 from a hapless Kansas next weekend will they crack the top 10?

I get the feeling Tater is not a fan of Baylor.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/29/2011 7:43:03 AM

tater head
tater head
It's nothing against Baylor (although I'm not a fan), it's more the 9 lives the middle-of-the-pack major conference teams get over the more deserving mid majors.

College baseball is a lot like college basketball in that there is a lot more parity than people think and you see it in the NCAA tourney every year. I use Baylor as an example and I don't like seeing any team rewarded for being mediocre (i.e. 12-13 in conference in 2010 and an invite). I'd much rather see more representation and recognition given to mid major conferences who don't have the advantages of a big time budget, football team, facilities, etc). They (top level mids) have done more with what they were given than a school like Baylor who has access to every resource available and still can't win half their conference games.

Sic 'em Bears
0 permalink
3/30/2011 8:36:05 AM

tater head
tater head
Kendall, you got the address for the baseball office at UTSA? I need to send them a 'thank you' card

Go Roadrunners...beep beep.

Edit: While you have your address book open will need an address for Lamar too. C'mon Kansas, no pressure. If the Southland can beat Baylor 3 times surely a Big 12 team can as well.
edited by tater head on 3/30/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG TOP 25: Vandy tops latest rankings (3/28)