Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ESPNU - College Softball...

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/28/2011 7:11:13 PM

ACC Fan
ACC Fan
I just saw an ad about a college softball double header this Friday on ESPNU...

Is college softball really more viewed than college baseball?!?!?!!?!?! It is absolutely insane to me that this is possible...How the F%&K does college softball get so much coverage?

Can someone point out to me what I'm missing here?
0 permalink
3/28/2011 8:11:53 PM

jdh008
jdh008
Unfortunately, college softball probably gets nearly as many viewers as college baseball does. This topic comes up every year during the Women's College World Series when ESPN seems to do wall to wall college softball coverage.

It's times like this when I'm thankful I have the Fox College Sports package. Fox College Sports Atlantic and Central do a good job of televising a ton of ACC and SEC games on the weekends.

--
TheFanManifesto.com
0 permalink
3/28/2011 9:47:43 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
jdh008 wrote:
Unfortunately, college softball probably gets nearly as many viewers as college baseball does. This topic comes up every year during the Women's College World Series when ESPN seems to do wall to wall college softball coverage.

It's times like this when I'm thankful I have the Fox College Sports package. Fox College Sports Atlantic and Central do a good job of televising a ton of ACC and SEC games on the weekends.

I'm not sure about the regular season, but I know the College World Series gains infinitely more viewers than the Women's College World Series. ESPN is more worried about this whole equality thing than it is showing sports that more college sports fans want to see, I think.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/29/2011 2:54:17 AM

CDinSV
CDinSV
ACC Fan wrote:
I just saw an ad about a college softball double header this Friday on ESPNU...

Is college softball really more viewed than college baseball?!?!?!!?!?! It is absolutely insane to me that this is possible...How the F%&K does college softball get so much coverage?

Can someone point out to me what I'm missing here?

To be honest, I think it is a time thing more than anything else. Softball is usually done in 90 min. Baseball usually lasts about double that. Personally, I like that it can be anywhere from 90 min for a pitchers duel to 4 hrs, but from a programmers pov, it is better to get in-and get out within 2 hrs.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ESPNU - College Softball...