Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State assistant arrested for DUI, more....

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
3/30/2011 12:04:01 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
FYI:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2011/03/oregon_state_assistant_basebal.html

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/30/2011 1:34:16 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
So should coaches get the same penalties as players?
0 permalink
3/30/2011 2:34:32 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Florida Beaver wrote:

I'd say so, FB.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
3/30/2011 3:04:52 PM

That sucks, Nate is a good guy...looks like he made a stupid decision.

On another note (not making an excuse, the law is the law) Corvallis cops are really stupid and ticket happy. I remember being pulled over and receiving a ticket because my fog lights where slightly differently tinted than my headlights...cop claimed it's illegal to have 2 sets of headlights....this seems a little more serious though
0 permalink
3/30/2011 5:30:24 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
Kendall wrote:
Florida Beaver wrote:

I'd say so, FB.

I'd agree with that. As disappointing as a coach would be in a player for this, it should go double for a coach. He should be held to a higher standard. Whatever penalty a player gets, Nate should receive that plus.
0 permalink
3/30/2011 5:37:24 PM

gap2gap
gap2gap
I do not want to make light of a DUI. But they happen to a lot of good folks (and some really bad folks). Lets let the criminal justice system handle the coach. The rest of us should just stay out of his life.
0 permalink
4/2/2011 7:11:30 AM

thorgreen
thorgreen
It is tough, don't want to hack on the program, but If I was coach casey I would be really pissed. Baseball is so fickle, and problems off the field usually migrate onto the field. The last two games the beavs have not been themselves. I think the pitching staff/team has allowed more runs in the last two games versus the whole season. I did not check, just saying.
0 permalink
4/2/2011 3:16:27 PM

Florida Beaver
Florida Beaver
gap2gap wrote:
I do not want to make light of a DUI. But they happen to a lot of good folks (and some really bad folks). Lets let the criminal justice system handle the coach. The rest of us should just stay out of his life.

Really cannot agree less here. Yes. Bad things happen to good people, but it is extremely difficult to get a DUI if you haven't been drinking BEFORE you get in a car and drive. He made a very bad decision and it should reflect on and off the field, just like the players have happen.
0 permalink
4/2/2011 3:41:41 PM

BeaverBob
BeaverBob
Florida Beaver wrote:
gap2gap wrote:

Really cannot agree less here. Yes. Bad things happen to good people, but it is extremely difficult to get a DUI if you haven't been drinking BEFORE you get in a car and drive. He made a very bad decision and it should reflect on and off the field, just like the players have happen.

FB, I can't agree with you more. While I'm all about understanding and forgiveness, there needs to be a stiff penalty. I'm not sure he should be terminated on a first offense, but he should at least be suspended for several games. I'm tired of the excuse of "let's wait for the justice system to play out." What happends to him in the justice system should be a totally separate issue.
edited by BeaverBob on 4/2/2011
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Oregon State assistant arrested for DUI, more....