Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Texas College Baseball Power Poll

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2011 12:16:53 PM

Frogs Fanatic
Frogs Fanatic
I will do this every monday and go into detail on future dates

1. TCU
2. Texas
3. Texas A&M
4. Baylor
5. Rice
0 permalink
2/21/2011 12:19:11 PM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
Heh...yea. Ok. You putting Rice at number five just lost all of your credibility with me. They're the only team out of any of those that actually played a team and they were all close games.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 2:25:04 PM

Frogs Fanatic
Frogs Fanatic
Rice will not be the #5 team in Texas by the end of the year, I did it because of the losing record, I felt like I needed to. They can easily redeem themselves
0 permalink
2/21/2011 7:11:06 PM

Textbook Plays
Textbook Plays
TCU, Texas, TAMU, Rice, Baylor, Honorable Mention: Houston

--
Textbook Plays covers the game of baseball in the great states of Texas and Louisiana. From the MLB, college baseball, and top prospects.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 8:09:08 PM

catdaddy
catdaddy
Baylor and Texas are overrated and UH will do well to be .500 this year.

1. TCU
2. A&M
3. Rice
4. Texas
5. Texas State
0 permalink
2/22/2011 10:54:57 AM

HuskerFan31
HuskerFan31
catdaddy wrote:

1. TCU
2. A&M
3. Rice
4. Texas
5. Texas State

Texas State has a good club, it will be interesting to see how they do the rest of the year. If Smith would have started Friday they would have gone 3-0 in their tourney.
0 permalink
2/22/2011 7:36:11 PM

TxSt Bobcat
TxSt Bobcat
Agreed. Carson Smith is an animal; they wanted to work him in slowly to see how his arm felt. He'll be starting tomorrow night against Rice. Should be a great game in San Marcos. If their pitching depth can stay strong, this team will be scary. That's always been the problem in the past.
edited by TxSt Bobcat on 2/22/2011
0 permalink
2/23/2011 7:26:01 AM

tater head
tater head
HuskerFan31 wrote:
catdaddy wrote:

Texas loses at home to TX A&M CC to a pitcher who issues 8 walks and 1 hbp and Baylor gets shut out at home by two freshman....good call
0 permalink
2/23/2011 12:45:04 PM

BaylorGuy314
BaylorGuy314
catdaddy wrote:

I'm not saying you are wrong, but you base this on what?

In my opinion, we can't tell much of anything right now. TCU ought to be very good but putting the remaining teams in any kind of order is a crapshoot. Texas, for example, has lost opening series many times over the last few years and still been a very good team. Likewise, I remember the Aggies splitting a series with Northern Colorado in 2008 and almost losing a series to a poor Rutgers team yet winning the Big 12 and playing Rice in a super.

In short, I don't think we'll know much until a few weekends from now at best.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 7:57:18 AM

catdaddy
catdaddy
BaylorGuy314 wrote:
catdaddy wrote:

In my opinion, we can't tell much of anything right now. TCU ought to be very good but putting the remaining teams in any kind of order is a crapshoot. Texas, for example, has lost opening series many times over the last few years and still been a very good team. Likewise, I remember the Aggies splitting a series with Northern Colorado in 2008 and almost losing a series to a poor Rutgers team yet winning the Big 12 and playing Rice in a super.

Just my humble opinion but think Baylor is still living on past laurels a little. Their 12-13 conference record last year (36-24 overall) wasn't worthy of a NCAA bid and their recruiting class last year wasn't great either so don't see the preseason top 20 ranking.

As far as Texas I don't think they did enough to replace the offense lost and something is different about Cole Green from the back half of last year.

In the end, time will tell as you say.
0 permalink
2/24/2011 5:01:15 PM

BaylorGuy314
BaylorGuy314
catdaddy wrote:
BaylorGuy314 wrote:
catdaddy wrote:

Just my humble opinion but think Baylor is still living on past laurels a little. Their 12-13 conference record last year (36-24 overall) wasn't worthy of a NCAA bid and their recruiting class last year wasn't great either so don't see the preseason top 20 ranking.

As far as Texas I don't think they did enough to replace the offense lost and something is different about Cole Green from the back half of last year.

In the end, time will tell as you say.

That's a fair assessment. I'm always amazed at what some poor teams can become in one year though. For example, Baylor didn't even a winning record (29-31) in 2004, returned most of their guys, and won the Big 12 (and went to the CWS) the next year.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » Texas College Baseball Power Poll