Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG Top 25 Rankings (2/21)

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
2/21/2011 2:24:05 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Here are our rankings for this week:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5271

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
2/21/2011 3:17:34 PM

Ryan Rosenblatt
Ryan Rosenblatt
It's so early that it's tough to find fault in much, but I'm really high on Stanford and the more I think of it the more I think they should be the favorites to win the Pac-10 so I'd move them up.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 3:20:43 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Ryan Rosenblatt wrote:
It's so early that it's tough to find fault in much, but I'm really high on Stanford and the more I think of it the more I think they should be the favorites to win the Pac-10 so I'd move them up.

Ryan,
I was actually a little surprised just how good Stanford was, so I think the Cardinal will continue to climb. But honestly, I'd still take UCLA over Stanford. Cole/Bauer is better than anything Stanford has, even though Mark Appel has potential to consistently be a downright stud.

--
0 permalink
2/21/2011 3:26:43 PM

tcu_lusch
tcu_lusch
Overall it looks good...I wish the Frogs could of pulled out a sweep, but it's okay. I think the Frog faithful certainly have to be happy with the pitching this weekend. Some younger guys stepped up in the pen and had nice performances. Plus the starters only gave up one run over 17 innings.

Replacing Holaday is certainly the biggest uphill battle for the Frogs, and we knew that would be the case. Pharr looked pretty good, but he did make some pick off throw attempts and such that were probably not the best decisions.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 4:07:45 PM

GTbaseball
GTbaseball
WHy did GT drop a spot in the rankings?

Is Kent State just not very good? I know they have a top 40 team and are very solid.. just curious.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 7:17:23 PM

Textbook Plays
Textbook Plays
tcu_lusch wrote:
Overall it looks good...I wish the Frogs could of pulled out a sweep, but it's okay. I think the Frog faithful certainly have to be happy with the pitching this weekend. Some younger guys stepped up in the pen and had nice performances. Plus the starters only gave up one run over 17 innings.

Replacing Holaday is certainly the biggest uphill battle for the Frogs, and we knew that would be the case. Pharr looked pretty good, but he did make some pick off throw attempts and such that were probably not the best decisions.

The pitchout from Purke was a sweet pick off Friday night.

--
Textbook Plays covers the game of baseball in the great states of Texas and Louisiana. From the MLB, college baseball, and top prospects.
0 permalink
2/21/2011 8:01:56 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
tcu_lusch wrote:

I think TCU will be just fine, but it obviously struggled a little on opening weekend. Always a good thing when you can "struggle" a little and still win two of three to start the season. Very interested to see how Pharr looks this weekend in the Fullerton series.

--
0 permalink
2/21/2011 8:07:46 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
GTbaseball wrote:
WHy did GT drop a spot in the rankings?

Is Kent State just not very good? I know they have a top 40 team and are very solid.. just curious.

GT,
I'm glad you asked that question (because no one did in the chat). I thought LSU had the most impressive weekend in the 23-25 range by far with Ryan Eades, Kevin Gausman and Kurt McCune leading the way. Little one or two spots switcharoos are going to happen early in the season. Georgia Tech will be just fine.

--
0 permalink
2/21/2011 10:04:17 PM

Ryan Rosenblatt
Ryan Rosenblatt
Kendall wrote:
Ryan Rosenblatt wrote:

Ryan,
I was actually a little surprised just how good Stanford was, so I think the Cardinal will continue to climb. But honestly, I'd still take UCLA over Stanford. Cole/Bauer is better than anything Stanford has, even though Mark Appel has potential to consistently be a downright stud.

It's possible I'm overrating the Cardinal, but they knocked Bauer around last year and beat him and even though the bullpen looked really solid this weekend, I'm not sold on the Bruin pen yet. Add in the huge power that Stanford has compared to UCLA plus the series being in Palo Alto, I'm leaning Trees. Maybe it's an issue of me seeing the Bruins too much so I nitpick more than I should, but I really like what Marquess has up in Palo Alto this year.
+1 permalink
2/22/2011 7:46:03 AM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Overall great poll. Thanks for having a free board and allowing freeloaders like me to see the rankings.

I didn't catch the chat, so maybe this question was answered, but how can you drop Clemson 2 spots for losing 1 in a 3 game series, but not drop TCU or Texas any for also dropping one. Is it merely the different in competiion between TCU's opponent & Maryland as compared to EMU or is it a correction of where you think Clemson really needs to be/should have been? Don't get me wrong, I hate me some Tigers, but just curious about the difference.
edited by Out of Conference on 2/22/2011
0 permalink
2/22/2011 8:57:52 AM

eagleboy415
eagleboy415
I wasn't impressed with Virginia this weekend. Maybe it's because of their struggle with UAB, who was picked last in C-USA, but I just don't understand the hype. Everything will be worked out soon though.

Also, can we get a first ten out?
0 permalink
2/22/2011 9:52:30 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Out of Conference wrote:
Overall great poll. Thanks for having a free board and allowing freeloaders like me to see the rankings.

I didn't catch the chat, so maybe this question was answered, but how can you drop Clemson 2 spots for losing 1 in a 3 game series, but not drop TCU or Texas any for also dropping one. Is it merely the different in competiion between TCU's opponent & Maryland as compared to EMU or is it a correction of where you think Clemson really needs to be/should have been? Don't get me wrong, I hate me some Tigers, but just curious about the difference.
edited by Out of Conference on 2/22/2011

Clemson moving down had everything to do with Stanford jumping some teams and Cal State Fullerton dropping a few spots. There wasn't a real way to avoid that. Stanford deserved to climb a few spots, IMO.

--
0 permalink
2/22/2011 10:23:48 AM

Heels2Omaha
Heels2Omaha
Connecticut......wtf
0 permalink
2/22/2011 10:25:51 AM

Out of Conference
Out of Conference
Kendall wrote:

Clemson moving down had everything to do with Stanford jumping some teams and Cal State Fullerton dropping a few spots. There wasn't a real way to avoid that. Stanford deserved to climb a few spots, IMO.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the reply.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » PG Top 25 Rankings (2/21)