Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ANALYSIS: Our college baseball Dream Teams

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/20/2011 1:22:56 AM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
Pretty cool feature we decided to do .... if we three were college coaches, who would we want on our roster as of today?

Here's your answer:

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=5506

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/20/2011 10:35:12 AM

CWSOmahaGators
CWSOmahaGators
Kendall,

I am a little surprised you did not add Hudson Randall on your team in some pitching capacity. Not saying you don't have a great team, but you seem to really like Randall's approach and the quality of results.
0 permalink
4/20/2011 11:55:29 AM

FLFinest
FLFinest
Being a JU Fan - I love Rawnsley's pick of Adam Brett Walker of Jacksonville. He is extremely athletic for a kid his size and his stats speak for themselves. 5 Tool Kid
0 permalink
4/20/2011 2:04:21 PM

pitching10
pitching10
Rawnsley's reasoning between Bauer vs Barnes for 4th starter ? Not sure where that comes from.
0 permalink
4/21/2011 7:06:37 PM

Dodger Matt
Dodger Matt
Just the editor in me: "Conley has a quick, live, loose arm and can throw strides with uncanny routine."
Yes, but can he kick tosses? Just kidding.

Nevertheless, I applaud Allan Simpson for even recognizing Adam Conley, who is doing a heck of a job on a struggling Wazzu team that was lights out just last year.

I was also impressed that Susac made all three lists as best catcher. It makes it all the more remarkable that the Beavers have swept Arizona State and Stanford in successive weekends without him. And with Wazzu doing so poorly this year (Adam Conley's performance notwithstanding), a third straight Pac-10 sweep is not an implausibility. Parker Berberet is doing an awesome job replacing him. (He just threw out another runner trying to steal second in game one of the series against Washington State, and Mike Parker said OSU has not allowed a stolen base in Pac-10 play this year.)

But when Susac returns for the postseason, fear the Beavers.
0 permalink
4/22/2011 8:51:39 AM

E-Dub
E-Dub
pitching10 wrote:
Rawnsley's reasoning between Bauer vs Barnes for 4th starter ? Not sure where that comes from.

t
Bauer is reputed to be in love with the strikeout. While much is made of his high pitch counts from a workload stand point, not enough is made of the fact that his desire to strike out the free world makes him one of the least efficient aces in college baseball. He's a great pticher, but I think Dave is commenting on something that's been somewhat overlooked.
0 permalink
4/22/2011 9:43:52 PM

mcrooster
mcrooster
Kendall I appreciate your choices but the other guys are reaching. Why would they decide to make Sonny Gray the closer on their dream teams? That just means they were too gutless to pick him as a starter.
0 permalink
4/24/2011 4:22:07 PM

Carolina Mike
Carolina Mike
David, you have exceptional foresight. Christian Walker of South Carolina just went 10 for 11 with the recent series with Miss. State. If that's my player and he's riding the bench, then I got one heck of a team.At this point of the season, there is a solid argument for every player that all 3 of you have picked in my opinion. Would loved to have seen Michael Roth of my Gamecocks mentioned for a pitching slot, but again, it's awfully hard to talk down anyone of the guys that you've each picked. Sorry for being a little homerish.

--
Baseball is like church....many attend but few understand.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » ANALYSIS: Our college baseball Dream Teams