Not a member yet?
Subscribe Now!

Perfect Game Forum

Messages in this topic - RSS

Home » College Baseball Clubhouse » OSU/TAMU

Want to make your opinion heard or just chat about college baseball? This is your place.
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post
4/23/2011 1:09:06 PM

prongATO
prongATO
I've been listening to Rex Holt for Cowboys games for 27 years. I rarely, RARELY hear him question the umpire's strike zone but he was pretty heated in last night's game about the difference between the TAMU strike zone and OSU's. I just turn on the game today and Zach Johnson gets hit by a pitch. The umpire tells him he can't take a base because he "didn't try to get out of the way of the pitch"... You're effing kidding me right? Let's at least have the calls on a even plane.

@Kendall, I haven't been able to watch any of the games here in OK, How did things look from an objective standpoint? I'll yield to your eyes-on opinion. If we looked as bad as we sounded... ouch
0 permalink
4/23/2011 3:17:27 PM

Kendall
Kendall
Administrator
prongATO wrote:
I've been listening to Rex Holt for Cowboys games for 27 years. I rarely, RARELY hear him question the umpire's strike zone but he was pretty heated in last night's game about the difference between the TAMU strike zone and OSU's. I just turn on the game today and Zach Johnson gets hit by a pitch. The umpire tells him he can't take a base because he "didn't try to get out of the way of the pitch"... You're effing kidding me right? Let's at least have the calls on a even plane.

@Kendall, I haven't been able to watch any of the games here in OK, How did things look from an objective standpoint? I'll yield to your eyes-on opinion. If we looked as bad as we sounded... ouch

PRONG,
The umpire on Friday night had a relatively big, but very consistent strike zone. He had the same zone for both pitchers, OSU LHP Mike Strong wasn't hitting his spots. Today, he's been pretty consistent again behind the plate. I certainly don't see a varying zone .... I usually am the type to have a big issues when a guy isn't consistent. If he's consistently giving a big or small zone, I'm fine with it. Biggest thing in this series so far for OSU is a lack of timely hitting and the pitchers aren't making big pitches. Offensively, a lot has to do with A&M's arms.

--
Kendall Rogers, College Baseball Managing Editor
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/#!/KendallRogersPG
Email me: mailto:kendall@perfectgame.org
0 permalink
4/24/2011 1:19:56 PM

prongATO
prongATO
Thanks Kendall! I appreciate the feedback. Hopefully we can win at least one this weekend and settle in for the home stretch of the season.
0 permalink
show rated messages only | you must log in at the top of the page to post